I know what it is but do you ?

J D 8

Advert

Gary has it, a Robbe SF-36 near scale model of the Scheibe called "Siros" Fuzz/fin is car bumper material with wing and tail obechi skinned foam covered in solartex.

Purchased as a nearly finished project in the 90's radio is original Fleet gear and it has only one centre servo for ailerons and no airbrakes so landings can be interesting, has the ability to float on and on and on even with a low approach.

While it fly's well enough.[ if you don't mind the wings that flap with any gee that has club members sucking in air at times ] getting it off the ground is another matter given the power of the yet unidentified engine.

You now also know where Elvis finished up.wink

Yes Bert, early Enya 40 -4c open rocker. yes Will pull the skin from a rice pudding. winkJust.

Yes Martin, was last run on castor at least a dozen years ago [ given up that habit ] However it was filled with power steering fluid as after run and turns over fine and freely.

PatMc, The RTF weight just under ten pounds but there is a lot of wing 110 inch span by an average cord of nine inches so the loading is low.

Off tarmac or smooth grass take off's are looong, I paced one out once on tracks left in dew coated grass, it was nearly 100 paces. Once in the air it has a positive climb out.

Thinking of putting in a Irvine 60 so I can fly her again on our less than perfect club strip.

Update, Just ran the old Enya up on some modern 10% synthetic fuel and it seemed to be pulling well, better than I remember it going on the old castor stuff.

So I plan to give it a go as is. Neighbour has well grazed sheep field that should do when we get a decent day.