Lidl multitool/ dremel clone

Advert

Confirm, the thread makes them interchangeable with Dremel chucks. Don't know what the thread is though.

I've just looked. I am sure the chuck on my Parkside came off my old my old cordless Dremel, and it goes on my corded Dremel. But what ever the tread is, it does not seem to match what is quoted on the e Bay sellers for generic chucks. Mine is just under 7mm, on a .66 mm pitch (apx). Theirs are 7x.75 mm.

Bet, if you look, Lidls website has an answer, either through the IAN number, or a facility to e mail them. But I would check first what it is. Also, I would be wary about a chuck, at 2 quid, being balanced for high speed use.

If you look on Banggood, they have the Dremel equivalent chucks at less than half the price of a Dremel, but just as good.They also fit the Parkside multitool. £3 each including postage.

https://www.banggood.com/0_4-3_4mm-Keyless-Drill-Chuck-Mini-Drill-Collet-Rotary-Tools-for-Dremel-p-1167883.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

Edited By Andy48 on 05/01/2020 15:27:36

• 3 months later...

I have parkside drill, mine's now Kaput as the button that locks the shaft so you can tighen or change the chuck is no longer intact... came adrift so now unable to lock it.. parts... so wont buy another

My dremmel on the other hand is now 15 years old and still as good as ever, only had to replace the power cord, replaced with a nicer silicone wire so its not a hindrence any more...

I bought a dremel corded drill about 18 years ago, one of the locking lugs on the case has broken off, I also bought a dremel chuck about a month later. IIRC at the time the chuck was about a 1/3 of the money I gave for the complete drill, even at £16 (?) it remains a bargain.

I had thought about replacing the drill with a cordless one but don't use it often enough now to justify.

• 2 months later...

Had exactly the same problem with mine but I've cured it by drilling a hole through the plastic collar and main shaft to allow me to use a Tommy bar to tighten the collar, the shaft is only chromed brass so fairly soft.

I have just binned my third dremel only 1 year old, it just packed up, i certainly will not be buying another, on the other hand i have a Parkside cordless one and its brilliant, also fitted the Bangood £3 chuck to it, i ind the Parkside tools extremely good value fro the money and very reliable

i have a parkside from lidl and wanted to swap the useless collet chuck also. see a thread about generic chuck and parkside so ordered from ebay,using the specs quoted and it did not fit,only cheap but annoying.i will try to find the details of the chuck so it might hep others

I have a corded Dremel which has to be well over 27 years old. Still going strong.

I also have a similar drill a bit bigger that came from Argos. Must be about the same age.Alsogoing strong. I use the Dremel with cutting and sanding and shaping tools mainly.

The argos one is drilling only.

I also have the Dremel right angel drive. Only use it about onece a year but it is still worth the £30 I paid for it

Edited By Peter Miller on 08/07/2020 09:57:48

I bought one of those chucks from Banggood for my Black & Decker version.

It arrived after the usual wait. The jaws can close in way that it is not centred properly. By retrying, it can improve. I found it to be useless, but as ever, other examples may be better/worse.

I must admit to currently owning three dremels, and I've had one of these parksides but I killed it along with a few others (often used for work), well... I killed two, thankful for the parkside warranty laugh (I don't abuse them they just get a lot of use)

They might be more expensive but the genuine Dremel chucks are worth the extra £5 or so IMO. The first thing I buy for all my dremels - they tend to centre better and take years of abuse. With respect to eBay chucks, I've possibly had bad luck but I must have bought a few before buying a genuine one - I'd have said about 1 in three work as intended and centre properly etc.

Edited By Matthew Rendeverance on 12/07/2020 12:03:23

Has anyone replaced the bearings in a dremel? I've got two corded ones, both 15-20 years old and thoroughly abused cutting, sanding and grinding all manner of materials and the side loads have taken their toll on the bearings. Otherwise they still work fine so I'm loath to chuck them.

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 12/07/2020 12:21:25

Parkside - value for money. Works a treat. I use a Dremel chuck with it. My Dremel is corded, the cable is extra stiff PVC, so in the unheated summerhouse a real pig. Prefer the Parkside for the quick grinding or drilling job.

So - lets check the middle of Lidl....

PS: they are building a new Lidl market less then a mile from my house. The future gets expensive...

VA

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 12/07/2020 12:20:49:

Has anyone replaced the bearings in a dremel? I've got two corded ones, both 15-20 years old and thoroughly abused cutting, sanding and grinding all manner of materials and the side loads have taken their toll on the bearings. Otherwise they still work fine so I'm loath to chuck them.

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 12/07/2020 12:21:25

I've done it before, it's not too difficult. YouTube can help these days, I'd say worth a try yes