DX6 Battery Drain

Neil67

I think this may have been raised before but I can't find the thread.

Not long after buying my DX6, maybe three years ago now I replaced the dry AA cells with the Spektrum rechargeable pack. When not in use the battery has always lost charge over a relatively short period, say a week if DX6 left unused. It's not a major problem but just puzzled as to why this happens. A fellow club member with a DX8 with same battery claims it retains it's charge over a month or so with very little loss. Is my battery/DX6 faulty, battery tired or is this the norm.

Advert

• 6 months later...

I wonder why everyone has this obsession to "upgrade".

I've used exclusively Spektrum for the last 8 years, mostly DX6i and DX6.
Before every flying session, I wall charge the 4 eneloop batteries (only about half an hour because they're never flat from the previous session).
After many flying hours and many sessions of 2 to 3 hours continuous flying, I've never seen less than 5V on the Tx display and I've never had the slightest problem, so why "upgrade" anything?
OK, I replace the 4 eneloops every couple of years, but I've never seen any sign of weakening.

In the light of my (limited) experience, and reading the posts above, the term "upgrade" seems rather academic and optimistic, and in many cases, is just resulting in self-inflicted problems.

Am I missing something?

Edited By brokenenglish on 17/09/2020 16:53:49