The big question, WHEN

tigerman

Posted by Gary Manuel on 05/05/2020 16:55:01:

Our local council maintained park grass was being cut today. They're obviously working now, and getting things ready for when the lock-down is lifted. Looks like they did the pitch n' putt area. Not yet done the football pitches though - distinction maybe because golf can be played whilst social distancing but football can't?

More likely that the Chief Constable plays golf! The Golf Club just round the corner from me has maintained its immaculate greens, but no-one is playing. They let us use a bit of their land for silent flight models, and in return, we made a video for them:

They even cut the patch we use for us, although its really only suitable for small models! Its just about walking distance too, though only if you are carrying a VERY light model!
smiley
--
Pete

Advert

Posted by john stones 1 on 06/05/2020 19:11:51:

Just seen todays numbers. angry

It is unlikely to be any consolation, but UK numbers have been following a pattern where the Sunday and Monday figures are very low, and Tuesday and Wednesday numbers are high.

Yes, we are drifting back to 'normal'.... would be nice if one of those briefings said ...."we'd love to release lockdown but as more and more people ignore it, we can't". Perhaps would make those thinking they are exempt reconsider. Won't happen of course Neither will people change their views (my parents in law are out at least there times a day separately buying "essential" groceries and walking their dog, and proud that they are ignoring advice...... idiots, especially as they are High risk......)

So, keep building, stay at home, stay safe.

GG

It's easy to look out of the window and think that people are starting to ignore the lockdown. I've been noticing it for the last week or so.

I notice from today's official statistics that there appears to be an upward trend in new confirmed cases. Is this the start of a second wave? - I hope not.

This is the graph to keep your eye on for now. If this graph continues upwards, we are in trouble.

07-05-2020 20-45-29.jpg

Here's an interesting map. It shows the worst hit areas of the nation.

One would expect London and perhaps the major cities to be the worst hit.

The large dark area is actually the Lake District. No major towns or cities, but it is a place where people rush to in order to relax and get away from things. Something to think about.....

07-05-2020 20-45-57.jpg

Edited By Gary Manuel on 07/05/2020 21:10:23

Posted by Steve J on 07/05/2020 21:18:47:
Posted by Gary Manuel on 07/05/2020 21:06:29:

I notice from today's official statistics that there appears to be an upward trend in new confirmed cases. Is this the start of a second wave?

They are doing a lot more testing so they are finding more cases. 30k deaths means millions of cases.

The government / BBC have already said that the spike at the beginning of May was due to the increased testing. This is a second spike after testing has been increased. Hopefully it's due to delayed test results coming in. I really don't know but I'll be watching this graph over the next few days

You say 30k deaths means millions of cases. Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing how many cases 30k deaths represents due to lack of testing. I rather suspect that the death toll is much higher than 30k. I have absolutely no idea how many people have been infected.