4Max batteries - any good?

Posted by BackinBlack on 03/06/2020 21:07:43:

Mine from George have all given good service. They do actually meet or exceed the specifications, unlike some others from lands afar.

... where do you think those Lipos or whatever bits are 'fabricated'?

They all come from "lands afar"... not from that cottage industry next to your man cave ! ... so, stop dreaming...

This said, on the forum, 4 Max seem to have a solid reputation regarding service and seem to be quite helpful.

Well done from George & Co. yes

Cheers

Chris

Excellent service and good batteries.

I've recently got back into aeromodelling so I'm fairly new to Lipo's and the first couple I bought were ok but I've since converted to 4-Max and they give plenty of consistent power, I even got my wife to order a couple more 3s 2200's for my Birthday this week.

I recently built an Evolution Fusion II and George was happy to talk me through what I required for a powertrain for it and the performance is perfect for me.

I will use 4-max for all my electrics from now on because I know they work and, as you may have seen, his website has a table of powertrains for many popular aircraft and lots of useful information.

Thanks George

Posted by McG 6969 on 03/06/2020 21:56:47:
Posted by BackinBlack on 03/06/2020 21:07:43:

Mine from George have all given good service. They do actually meet or exceed the specifications, unlike some others from lands afar.

... where do you think those Lipos or whatever bits are 'fabricated'?

They all come from "lands afar"... not from that cottage industry next to your man cave ! ... so, stop dreaming...

This said, on the forum, 4 Max seem to have a solid reputation regarding service and seem to be quite helpful.

Well done from George & Co. yes

Cheers

Chris

Chris, I'm all too well aware that almost all are manufactured in China, but you'll note that I said others from afar. Specification and quality control can however have quite an impact on the final product.

Happy Flying,

Ian

I have them from 2S to 6S, some have been hammered in my hack Wot 4 and unlike other widely advertised headline brands, none has puffed, all are behaving themselves and I now default to them. They have over-length leads. Why is there an innate reluctance to cut a lot off them? At least one has the choice.

BTC