Masks

fly boy3

Posted by wingcoax on 25/07/2020 18:04:08:

Here in Portugal we have been wearing masks for several weeks now. We have not had the "mass hysteria" you seem to have had in UK. It is taken for granted that if you want to be in shops you wear a mask..We have one of the lowest rates of infection (despite not being on the "air bridge "list. Spain has multiple outbreaks all over the place but is on the list. It is not rocket science to take basic precautions.

I haven't seen much evidence of mass hysteria - Liverpool and Leeds supporters excepted. The majority of people seem happy to show consideration for their fellow citizens. What has been reported over there?

Advert

We have one of the lowest rates of infection (despite not being on the "air bridge "list. Spain has multiple outbreaks all over the place but is on the list. It is not rocket science to take basic precautions.

I've just seen that a 14 day quarantine has been reimposed for those returning from Spain after midnight tonight!

There are always a few professional contrarians - they tend to make rather a lot of noise to make up for their relative scarcity, especially when for the vast majority of us it is/will be, a minor inconvenience. As mentioned above there was the same reaction to safety belts, motorcycle helmets etc.. Let's face it, it's hardly the end of civilisation as we know it! As far as prophylaxis, the likelihood of compulsion is remote - but when it becomes available I'll be second in the queue ( my wife will be in front of me! ). You see, when a few years ago we were given the wrong vaccine 'cos the WHO's predictions were incorrect, I nearly died of good old-fashioned influenza, yes, nearly. If folk don't wish to be vaccinated against C19, fair enough, when it becomes available let 'em take their chances - my guess the refuseniks on their respirators might find there won't be quite as much sympathy for their situation. ( Well the medical profession will pull all the stops out just like for anybody - despite whether the patient being the author of their own desperate situation or not. )

Just about to finish 2 weeks holiday in fuerteventura Spain and looks like we will be having another 2 weeks holiday back at home in the uk 😨. Just going to follow the rules it's for the good of everyone just need to get your head in the right place 👍 suspect the lawn is going to be cut to a mm of its life again 😂.

Paul.

Posted by john stones 1 on 25/07/2020 16:44:23:

Wife wears a visor, she has it on for work, used it on the bus other and felt better than a mask, each to their own.

That would be better than a mask for those with respiratory conditions but I can't see them stopping much in the way of exhaled droplets if you cough, then again anything is better than nothing. Ebay or Amazon?

As I understand it the most prolific method of contamination is by touching contaminated surfaces and then involuntary touching you face, mouth and eyes . Face coverings come into their own in confined areas shops , public transport etc. One of the concerns about the implementation of face coverings is that folks might forget about the need to sanitise after touching surfaces, to minimise the possibility of contracting co vid is to continually sanitise, socialy distance, and face coverings when required. There's nothing foolproof in all of this but life has to go on , we just need to mitigate the risks as best we can and hope that the rest of the population follow the same path.

Some, if not all the issues raised with respect to face coverings or masks and now privacy with respect to Track and Trace seem to particularly of BBC origin and the similar media minded media

Not a negative word or question raised (that was heard by myself) during the period that Scotland introduced the face covering requirement. The issue seemed to be when would England do the right thing, as there now is evidence that they can help. Now the questions are, is this not undemocratic and so on, also negativity with respect to the Track and Trace system, related to Data Protection.

With Track and Trace, I take the view, if I want to go in somewhere and I am unhappy about subsequent marketing use, perhaps I will not go in there. On the other hand i have signed up with my local pub for being contacted for promotional offers, and a few others. Perhaps some tightening up with respect to the existing Data Protection rules is required. Although i am more interested in protecting all of us from this virus.

A lot of the hysteria if that what it is, is engendered by the Media, encouraging, and giving voice to the Mr &Mrs Awkward of our society.

Edited By Erfolg on 26/07/2020 12:41:25

Edited By Erfolg on 26/07/2020 12:42:42

Edited By Erfolg on 26/07/2020 12:43:35

Here in Portugal we have been wearing masks for several weeks now. We have not had the "mass hysteria" you seem to have had in UK. It is taken for granted that if you want to be in shops you wear a mask..We have one of the lowest rates of infection (despite not being on the "air bridge "list. Spain has multiple outbreaks all over the place but is on the list. It is not rocket science to take basic precautions.

I fully agree. The way British people now "run in circles, scream and shout" about the most trivial things is ridiculous.

Though the new "Stay at home for two weeks if you have visited Spain" rule is totally unenforceable.

Edited By Richard Clark 2 on 26/07/2020 15:50:33

The message has been consistent, in that the same things have been said, with a different accent. There was a good sketch in the newspaper to that effect this week.

The differences have been principally, no negativity from media in questioning of Nicola, or a repeated mantra, of 'to late'.

Hi all, as I started this post I would like comment further. The original request was to gain information on what type of masks you my friends are wearing, so I could make an educated choice. It is very interesting to read the pros and cons for wearing or not wearing masks, but I do not think I can make a choice as yet from information recieved. I apologise if one member is bored and I do not mind if the mods close this thread. Cheers FB3

Posted by fly boy3 on 27/07/2020 21:08:36:

Hi all, as I started this post I would like comment further. The original request was to gain information on what type of masks you my friends are wearing, so I could make an educated choice. It is very interesting to read the pros and cons for wearing or not wearing masks, but I do not think I can make a choice as yet from information recieved. I apologise if one member is bored and I do not mind if the mods close this thread. Cheers FB3

Go online and look at some FB3, what others think does not matter, use ones that meet your requirements, If I'm bored I read other stuff. wink