Prolux power panel

gillyg1

I have a prolux power panel mk 3, not had it long, and find when using the glow driver, its not providing sufficeint power to light the plug. With no way of adjusting the output. Anyone else have the same issue, and if so is there an easy fix ??.Yes i can use a seperate glow stick, and my 12v 7ah battery is good.

Advert

Doc

Its a new panel, can't return it as i took the croc clips off the leads and soldered on some spade ends to push on to the battery terminals.

Measuring the voltage on the back of the board is 1.6 at the input terminals, then it obviously runs through some components which i can't see, would have desolder everything to look/ track the cct.

But at output terminals is only 1.2v, have tried several different plugs and leads, just no glow on plug element..

The meter is not registering in the green band, just below,

with no way of adjusting.Was thinking there maybe an easy fix ???

TIA Graham.

Posted by Denis Watkins on 11/09/2020 14:18:08:

Can you borrow another 12v 7A alarm battery Graham

These packs can often show 12v but lack power

Your panel can not provide power without power enough at the input

Voltage is only half the story when checking packs

yes Plus one for above. If its still faulty then just changing the connectors shouldn't affect the warranty .

Is your measured 1.2V with a glowplug connected or simply open circuit? It should be just the same as a glow stick so it would appear that whatever electronics are inside the Prolux have failed.

I too ditched the heavy lead acid for Lipos, although they are in my flight box so that I can run a fuel pump from the same supply (4s2p cheapo 2650`s). 1s2p for the glow driver.