Phil Wood

Former Member

Phil has been struggling with ill health for the last 20yrs, multiple heart attacks and spinal problems.

The bad news is he was sent home from Hospital about a month ago after being told his prognosis wasn't good (ie "we're sending you home to die" He was rushed to hospital on Wednesday and his sons were called a day or so ago to be told he has about 48hrs. His 3 sons are holding a bedside vigil and I'd like all who knew Phil to spare a thought for him in these last moments.

I'll keep you posted.sad

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 18/10/2020 16:06:52

I was sorry to hear this news. Phil was much liked presence on this forum back during it's early years when Timbo (moderator) and I were trying to forge some sort of modus operandi across a rapidly growing beast. Although on moderation his views differed (which is why he started his own forum), we chatted at the Nats on several occasions to compare 'admin notes'. smile

Just to clarify in response to a private message received, the editing of posts earlier in the thread was simply where a newer duplicate thread was merged with this one, the system marks such posts as 'edited' even when they've just been moved across.