Swizzle Stick

EarlyBird

Let's hope not Peter but I fear that there will be, even at my slow build rate.

The thing is Nigel I am not trying that hard as it's intended to be a quick build. What seems to be happening is that the building is becoming easier as I build more aeroplanes and consequently the quality is going up. I still make mistakes though but they are not as bad as on my first build. This is good practice for The Ohmen where hopefully there will be less mistakes.

More fun today

img_20210105_171211331_hdr.jpg

Yes a lot more sanding and shaping plus three hinges, one more than yesterday.

I have to decide on the colours before long frown

Red, White and Blue are patriotic so I read on another thread and that does seem like a good idea at the present time.

thinking

Cheers beer

Steve

Just like the one in your article that Sarik sent with the plan pack. Ten years ago and using 35mHz I see. I have seen Fun Fly models being flown by competent pilots and as you say what they could do was nobodies busyness.

Today I have fitted the wing to the fuselage by inserting the dowel in the leading edge, fitting the wing bolt and adjusting the seating to fit. Not a lot to see just fiddly and time consuming. The wings are now ready for covering. smiley

Tomorrow back to the fuselage starting with the bottom sheeting from there I will play it by ear. One thing I will not be doing is going out of the house in these cold frosty slippery conditions.

Cheers beer

Steve

Posted by kc on 13/01/2021 12:31:31:

Peter, yes you should do another fun fly design - maybe a bit bigger (50 inch?) and a fun fly that looked a bit like a real plane with some sort of cockpit woud be unusual. .

Agree KC. Fortunately, so did Nigel R and produced this piece of brilliance:

Once he's got a plan, I may well be tempted!

Graham

https://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=168732