Bum ! (I hope that doesn't offend the mods)

kevin b

Unfortunately I got too close to somebody who has the bug and have been "banged up" for 14 days. This means I will have 3 days left before Xmas to do everything that can't be done "online".

The reason for the thread is that so far (in 2 days) I have had 4 texts, 6 phone calls and 1 email, all from the NHS.

Can anybody beat that ? devil

Edited By kevin b on 08/12/2020 21:42:26

Advert

After some of the stories we've heard about Track and Tracers sitting on their bums twiddling their thumbs, I see it as encouraging that you've had so much attention from the NHS.

Was it the app that flagged you up or did T&T hunt you down?

Hope you weren't too close and that you stay well...

Edit: Doh - too slow, Gary beat me to it!

Edited By Martin Harris on 08/12/2020 22:41:35

Kev

My wife and I both tested positive on 1st of December,Ken Anderson to blame because it was his testing station at NE1.

Track and trace on the ball,2x phone calls and 8 texts between us,been isolating now for 11 days and we seem to be on the up,

Symptoms,cough/ no taste or smell and lastly,the squits.

Jim carss-----ne23 squits dept.

Thanks for all the support chaps. No problems so far. I think the advice is to keep as far away from anybody involved with schools as possible !

Yes it was the track & trace gestapo that found me. The first caller was obviously from the "foreign branch" and called me whilst I was in a small room contemplating life, the universe etc. He lurched straight into his script and I had to stop him. He then asked if it was a convenient time to call. You can guess my answer ! His last question was did I have a pen and any paper handy. I resisted the obvious reply.

Jim. Too much information. crook

When this all kicked off in March I did my best to keep away from people. I worked from home and only left home for my daily exercise & grocery shopping. I must have caught Covid in my local supermarket.

One day in April I went out for a 8 mile run and felt great, the next day I experienced a little tightness in my chest and a dry cough. No temperature, no loss of taste or smell, in fact no other symptoms and I felt fine. After a couple of days I decided to try a run after work but I couldn't run further than 200 - 300m without having to stop for breath.

I self isolated for 2 weeks, just in case but I felt no better so I phoned 111 who told me to self isolate for a further 2 weeks, after which I hadn't improved so, I phoned my GP surgery who saw me straight away in the car park of the surgery. They prescribed anti biotics which didn't help and a week later I was back. From this 2nd consultation they sent me with a letter to The Gwent A&E. I was there for 5 hours having various tests and at the end I had a consultation with a doctor and I was told that a chest X-ray showed scarring on my lungs and so he was certain I'd had Covid, (a Covid test wasn't available then).

Ten months later I am running again up to 10k (6 miles) and I have been coaching newbie runners but, I still have shortness of breath and I have to run much slower than pre Covid. Walking up to the top of my local flying slope is also slow and I have to stop for breath 4-5 times whereas I never used to have to stop at all, but I'm still here and one of the lucky ones.

Another day, another text ! So far, 5 texts, 6 phone calls and 1 email (no partridge, or pear trees)

I must consider myself "special" with all this attention from the NHS. No complaints at all (and no symptoms).

A friend, who is waiting for a hip operation hasn't heard from them in month's. sad

Listen everybody. I'm trying to keep this light. Let's hear the funny side of it. All the amusing anecdotes and tongue in cheek stuff please (non of the gory bits though - Jim).

Edited By kevin b on 09/12/2020 15:15:33

Hope all goes OK Kevin.

Just wanted to share this guys. Nothing morbid. My grandson 15 tested positive just after the last recent November lock down, he had the symptoms, he didn't feel at all well. Obviously got it from school as some of his school classes were shut down, whole family were in isolation for 4 weeks, my son and his wife couldn't go out to work, but all ok now, and grandson has fully recovered. Then my granddaughter 10 was sent home from school last week as covid has shut down some of her school classes, thankfully as far as we can find out she hasn't had any contact with the infected, and the school is playing safe. One of our club members also with grandkids was taken into hospital with covid, it was touch and go, he was on oxygen, and thankfully he appears to be recovering.

So even tho' the numbers of infected are dropping, now that the kids are back at school it seems to be one of the key areas where covid is still spreading, and it's almost impossible for families to avoid. The missus and I have been staying as safe as humanly possible but this is too close for comfort for me. Naturally most club members I fly with have kids and grandkids at school, and who knows what they may be exposed to. I'm in no doubt that all responsible clubs are taking precautions to follow guidelines, and social distancing to keep everyone safe. However I've decided not to fly at my club field for now even with social distancing in place as sadly the odd one or two are forgetting to keep to or are ignoring. I'm waiting until well into next year, hopefully when it's safer to do so.

Unfortunately my wife has lost friends through covid, so the danger is still very real. Stay safe people, don't become one of our 'absent friends'.

Edited By Ronaldo on 09/12/2020 15:46:18

I went to the hospital yesterday after waiting for months, like your friend. I did not want to go after sheltering in place since the end of January.

In normal times the place is crowded and with one hundred chairs it is standing room only. Not now though, two thirds of the chairs were taped off but there were only three people waiting, including me. Again in normal times there is a long wait, it has been two hours for me, anyway one minute before my time I was called in to do my standard blood pressure and weight.

Trying to keep it light I said to the Nurse the place is deserted and it would be easy to think there is no pandemic. She laughed and said yes many people think that but it is deserted because of the pandemic. They minimise face to face consultation placing more emphasis on the telephone.

That sound good to me.

Thinking about it later it is the same at the Doctors no waiting and prompt service.

Text messages keep coming from the Doctors with information about how the service is affected, all routine blood tests are cancelled for example.

It's all good to me well done NHS.

I should have asked if they could do anything about the supply of balsa, get the RAF to fly some in for example, but then flying toys is not a priority to anyone but us. laugh

Keep safe Kevin.

BTW I am a northerner also North Lincolnshire to be more exact and this has to be the most I have ever written for years. My moto is why use one word when none will do. I prefer pictures!

Steve

Posted by Jim Carss on 09/12/2020 10:05:22:

Kev

My wife and I both tested positive on 1st of December,Ken Anderson to blame because it was his testing station at NE1.

……………………………………………………………………………………………

glad all is well there JC....get you through a few more MOT's..

ken anderson...ne...1..J Carrs dept.