Coverings

Rich Griff

Advert

Rich

I have stocks of Profilm/Oracover which is superior in my view to Solarfilm but if I need anymore I'll try some film from Hobby King. It has a good reputation and is a very reasonable price.

As for a replacement for Solartex I helped a beginner to cover his model with Oratex a few months ago and I couldn't couldn't fault the stuff. It is expensive mind. Generally I use tex on lager models and film on smaller ones but I have covered five foot vintage models in tex.

Hi Rich sit down before you enquire about Oratex prices! Great stuff but well pricey. The HK film is a polyester based film and far superior to Solarfilms ordinary film which is polypropylene based. Solarfilm do make a polyester based film but it's more expensive than the HK . Some of the HK dayglow colours are considerably heavier than the normal colours. Example the Tangerine a bright orange is considerably heavier than the ordinary orange . Only really relevant on smaller models.

Edited By Engine Doctor on 06/01/2021 10:53:47

I recently got some pinked rib tapes which now have to be from Oratex, much coarser than Solartex and no wonder that the price had to go up. For glossy stuff HK film every time for me now. Cheap and very easy to use. Iron temp. as for any polyester, and I have had none fade so far. The only downside is that you virtually cannot apply paint over it as you could with the old Solarfilm.