Kit date

barryt

Advert

3 hours ago, barryt said:

Can someone provide manufacturing date for this kit please?

Does anyone have any pictures of the completed model?

I don't know the manufacturing date Barry but David Lane 2's post on page three of the Bowman Spatman thread has a picture of his model.

Seems there a few people after the Mini Spatman plan, so it would be great if you were able to get a PDF copy of the plan and email it to Outerzone so others could download it. ?

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 12.35.56.png

Edited by Piers Bowlan

1 hour ago, barryt said:

Well the plan is in very good condition, so I'll get it scanned in the next week or two and then forward it to Outerzone for you.

Thanks Barry, so far I counted six people including yourself who have expressed an interest in the plan:- Robin Colbourne, David Lane2, Rich Griff, Alan Gorham and me. So, no pressure! Could be a mini mass build ?

Edited by Piers Bowlan

On 22/02/2021 at 11:15, Piers Bowlan said:

Thanks Barry, so far I counted six people including yourself who have expressed an interest in the plan:- Robin Colbourne, David Lane2, Rich Griff, Alan Gorham and me. So, no pressure! Could be a mini mass build ?

Well the plans and instructions have been scanned and on their way to Outerzone.

Amazing what you come across on the dark continent!

If anyone can figure out how to PM me their email address, I'll send the pdfs directly to you.

I won't be building it but my 'apprentice' will. (neighbours 10 year old son).

Anyone have an idea of an electric setup equivalent to a Cox  .049?

Thanks Barry, downloaded ?. I thought I might knock up a leccy version one afternoon for my grandson. I have been merrily hot-wire cutting foam wings of late - very quick! I haven't covered them yet but I thought I might try cross-weave tape and also brown paper/PVA covering. 

I have a few of these cheap motors knocking around so may try one as a Babe Bee substitute.

Edited by Piers Bowlan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

barryt,  I've only just found your Mini Skyman Plan and instructions PDFs. Thank you for taking the trouble to upload them.  Very much appreciated!
To give you a comparison for choosing an electric motor, here is an engine test on the slightly more powerful Cox Black Widow, which produced 0.078hp or 58 Watts.

Cox Black Widow .049 Engine Test - Peter Chinn - Aug '74 Aeromodeller

9 hours ago, Robin Colbourne said:

barryt,  I've only just found your Mini Skyman Plan and instructions PDFs. Thank you for taking the trouble to upload them.  Very much appreciated!
To give you a comparison for choosing an electric motor, here is an engine test on the slightly more powerful Cox Black Widow, which produced 0.078hp or 58 Watts.

Cox Black Widow .049 Engine Test - Peter Chinn - Aug '74 Aeromodeller

No problem Robin. Thanks for the info.

• 2 years later...
On 23/02/2021 at 10:34, barryt said:

Well the plans and instructions have been scanned and on their way to Outerzone.

Amazing what you come across on the dark continent!

If anyone can figure out how to PM me their email address, I'll send the pdfs directly to you.

I won't be building it but my 'apprentice' will. (neighbours 10 year old son).

Anyone have an idea of an electric setup equivalent to a Cox  .049?

Hi Barry, a bit late but better late than never. Thank you for sharing the Mini Skyman plans BTW, I used them to build my Skyman last year.

A great model for using up off cuts from the scrap box, I added ailerons to the wing, but see turns best by just using the rudder so I will build another standard wing at some point. The brushless motor is one I made from a kit some years ago for indoor flying hid in a 3D printed Cox, it using a 2S 650mAh battery. 

C0E0811C-7EAC-4C73-9C42-10306443E6B9.jpeg

BAFE5C62-973F-4829-A2A0-5C59679E0166.jpeg

0649CB6E-B084-49B6-A44A-96FF980FB5DC.jpeg

• Like 1

Roy, you've done a superb job of the Mini Skyman.   I do like the 1970s British Airways colour scheme.

I'm interested to read that even with that very small amount of it still turns better on rudder.

It wasn 't until I actually looked at the Outerzone plan that i realised how short the nose is and how wide chord the rudder is, and that's after seeing them hanging up on the Bowman's stand at Sandown shows on many occasions.

3 hours ago, Robin Colbourne said:

Roy, you've done a superb job of the Mini Skyman.   I do like the 1970s British Airways colour scheme.

I'm interested to read that even with that very small amount of it still turns better on rudder.

It wasn 't until I actually looked at the Outerzone plan that i realised how short the nose is and how wide chord the rudder is, and that's after seeing them hanging up on the Bowman's stand at Sandown shows on many occasions.

That short, thats there a couple of OZ of lead in the nose.