Turnigy 2200 3s.Supply problems.

Wanted to order half a dozen of the above to replace some of my older batteries.   Only available from Hong Kong.   Are these subject to vat and import charge which almost doubles the price when dangerous goods postage applied?     Anyone know when Hobby King going to stock them in UK?

Advert

23 hours ago, Michael Barclay said:

Wanted to order half a dozen of the above to replace some of my older batteries.   Only available from Hong Kong.   Are these subject to vat and import charge which almost doubles the price when dangerous goods postage applied?     Anyone know when Hobby King going to stock them in UK?

I strongly suspect the days of significanlty cheap lipos form the UK HK warehouse are gone - now the tax system has caught up with them they could even decide it is not worth their bother to ship from the UK at all. This is not even one Brexit related; the tax changes were coming even if we had stayed in the EU. 

Edited by MattyB

Those are the same tax changes that affect the EU, you mean?

They're still stocking them and shipping from the EU warehouse.

I'm obviously missing something, but I can't see a significant tax difference between the two at this point.

Could it be related to the worldwide demand for Lithium based products, now that electric car production is growing?

HK will have more demand for products from their EU based store than the UK store (I would imagine), so that will get priority.

Edited by Gary Manuel

I find HK stock comes & goes - like is does anywhere else, particularly at the moment with supply chains still struggling.

there's an "Alert Me" button you can click that will email you when they come back into stock.

I only ever see stuff being available from the EU or Global warehouses recently - do they even have a UK warehouse any longer?

On 07/07/2021 at 10:49, Nigel R said:

Those are the same tax changes that affect the EU, you mean?

They're still stocking them and shipping from the EU warehouse.

I'm obviously missing something, but I can't see a significant tax difference between the two at this point.

Sorry, I could have equally added the EU warehouse too. My point is that both the in region outlets HK have that could serve us are now paying VAT which they effectively weren't before, so the prices will be significantly higher than they were. Combine that with the increased global demand for lithium and electric flight is definitely likel to get more expensive in the medium term.