BMFA Classsifieds

3 minutes ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Yes logged in, can see no advert under your name either.

What you selling ?

Not selling any thing I removed my advert as I was unable to remove my E mail address from my listing. I also notice that when I log out from classifieds It doesnt log me out. I have tried this on three different devices and still find myself listed as the vendor when logged in and looking at an ad.

6 minutes ago, Richard Acland said:

Not selling any thing I removed my advert as I was unable to remove my E mail address from my listing. I also notice that when I log out from classifieds It doesnt log me out. I have tried this on three different devices and still find myself listed as the vendor when logged in and looking at an ad.

You are looking at the contact form which only shows if you are logged in and is used to contact the advert owner, it prepopulates your name and email address and is only visible to you when logged in, nobody else sees your details.  Click the logout button in the top right hand corner to log out

Edited by Andy Symons - BMFA

Just now, Richard Acland said:

Bugs in the system Richard, turns out I am not logged in, only log out is showing though ? Will not let me contact sellers, so I cannot be logged in.

3 minutes ago, Andy Stephenson said:

I noticed that when you click on an ad, the picture disappears from the detailed listing. We've had problems with pictures in the old system. It seems bugs are leaping from old to new.

What sort of problems were there on the old BMFA site?  I don't remember anything obvious but I only bought a few items much from there.

3 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

What sort of problems were there on the old BMFA site?  I don't remember anything obvious but I only bought a few items much from there.

Martin,

The problems were with posting items for sale, specifically the pictures. I sold an engine on there recently. I uploaded the pictures with the front picture first but when I viewed it the last one came up front. When I tried to reselect the front picture it just blanked it and wouldn't let me change anything.

I am hoping for better this time but not optimistic.

29 minutes ago, Andy Stephenson said:

I noticed that when you click on an ad, the picture disappears from the detailed listing. We've had problems with pictures in the old system. It seems bugs are leaping from old to new.

From what I noticed before, I switched to Brave browser from Firefox and the pictures still appear in the detailed listing but going back to Firefox there is still a problem where the pictures in the detailed listing sometimes show and sometimes don't but always disappear when visited the second time. If I quit Firefox and go back in they're back but only for one view then they're gone again.

There's a basic incompatibility with Firefox.