Six Nations 2023. Rugby Union.

john stones 1 - Moderator

No New Manager bounce here then.

France were brill, however the lustre was aided by Englands provision of the rubbing rag, dire in the extreme. 

Next week should be fun, in the meantime I am looking forward to the Ireland Scotland game, come on the Jocks (is that racist or summat!!!)

2 hours ago, Zflyer said:

No New Manager bounce here then.

France were brill, however the lustre was aided by Englands provision of the rubbing rag, dire in the extreme. 

Next week should be fun, in the meantime I am looking forward to the Ireland Scotland game, come on the Jocks (is that racist or summat!!!)

No, it's called being deluded! 🤣  Bit like expecting England to win against Ireland next week! 😪

32 minutes ago, David Davis 2 said:

10-53. I understand that it's England's worst defeat in the Six Nations competition but is it the worst of all time?

David, that is provocative. England is when you when you smash one of your toys. Bit of sympathy please. Next week I might have an Irishman asking me to hum Ireland, Ireland, very loudly, and I will, between gritted implants. He is entitled. You are traitorous. 

Just now, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

I don't watch Rugby, but my dammed phone didn't stop buzzing from my French friends last night,,,, Trafalgar and all that,,,,🤢

Ditto, and as I took the dog for a pee this morning, Johngiles was singing very loudly a certain song with the blood of enemies in it, from his bedroom as we strolled by. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

Typical french 'combatant' hiding behind his wife and bedroom curtains !

Divorced 3 times, one time world no 4 at ultramarathons, still has a very nice squeeze slips round from his running club, and only 79 ( him, not squeeze), still runs in 24 hour races. Good gardener and provider of cepes and boar. 

11 minutes ago, Don Fry said:

David, that is provocative. England is when you when you smash one of your toys. Bit of sympathy please. Next week I might have an Irishman asking me to hum Ireland, Ireland, very loudly, and I will, between gritted implants. He is entitled. You are traitorous. 

I'm only trying to establish whether the result was the worst result of all time for the English national rugby team. Besides, being 25% Welsh and 12.5% New Zealander and having married an Irish lady, accusations of traitorous behaviour cut no ice with me! 😊

Yea, I was glad to be neutral in that one. 
I suspect to will be a loooooooooooong 80 minutes for me. But it’s got to be done. As the Irish proverb goes, “what can’t be cured has to be endured” Missus con cooking duties again. Chinese theme tonight

Overall, Ireland awesome; France brilliant in patches (biggest change is their bad patches are less bad than previously - Go Shaun!); Scotland getting more consistent, and less reliant on a few stars; England disappointing but SB has a few months to sort them out; Wales finishing on a slightly upward curve (fingers crossed); Italy sadly last again but their performances are getting better so hopefully all talk of chucking them out is gone...

• Like 2