Binding 2 receivers - Horus 10 Express

Martyn K

Hi all

Horus 10S Express Transmitter with OpenTx

Rx8R pro Receiver 1

R-XSR Receiver 2

I need to fit a satellite receiver (R-XSR) to my existing Rx8R Pro as the main receiver is shielded by all the metal panels. I understand from T9  that this is possible.

The R-XSR is connected to the Rx8R Pro using the SBUS channel.

I can bind the Rx8R without any problems but I haven't got a clue how to bind the second receiver and (apparently importantly), disable the telemetry from the R-XSR.

Any suggestions please? I have googled and failed.

Thanks

Martyn

Advert

It would be helfull to know if you are binding both RX's to the same internal module or one to an external and the other to the internal module.

If to the same module then you just bind them both using the same binding process which you can do at the same time, however that woiuld mean you would bind both with telemetry off. 

I can't see an obvious way to bind one with telemetry off and the other on as the menus is simply with or without but try binding the first with it on and the second with it off and see if that works and make sure the first RX with telemetry enabled doesn't loose the bind, do not change the receiver no they both need to be the same.

Alternatively you cold use something like an X8R where you can bridge pins to disable telemetry or use a non telemetry receiver or bind the primary to the internal module and the secondary to an external module.

Very happy to be correted if I'm wrong.

Phil

• Like 1

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions. 

To answer Phils question. Only one receiver shows up (the RX8R pro) when I bind with telemetry on channels 1 to 8 as normal. I cant see or undetstand how to bind a second receiver.  It may be that the 2nd receiver binds automatically as it is plugged into the first but if so, there is no way that you can then set the telemetry or failsafe for that receiver.  Perhaps if i try binding the slave first then something may happen. 

I dont want to put the rx8r at the rear of the fus as that would mean long extension cables for power and the servos plus the real problem of accessing and managing that receiver.  

I am starting to think that perhaps opentx doesnt support this scenario, its only supported in the frsky proprietary software. 

Thanks all. 

That appears to have worked. I proved it by binding in the order selected. One thing that i had to do was to connect them separately. I initially tried to bind with the satellite connected to the s-port on the rx8r. That didnt work. 

Next, I bound them as suggested, individually. To prove they had worked, i then powered up the receivers individually and they both appear to still be bound, i still had telemetry on the rx8r amd when i connected the satellite, the lights indicated that it was bound. 

I originally was expecting to see two receiver options in the setup, perhaps rather naively. 

Great result,  many, many thanks