Laser 70 Carburettor orientation.

Ariel

Is it possible / advisable to turn the carburettor through 180 degrees so that needle assembly points upwards when the motor is inverted? Something I'm working on mostly to learn Fusion 360 but if it were ever to leave the drawing board it would be handy to be able to adjust the mixture from above and also put the linkage in a better place.

This is a Laser 70 but is the same applicable to other single cylinder Laser engines?

Thanks.

Advert

That's what I thought and also what I wanted to hear. Thanks. The only reason I asked was because the position of the inlet nipple will move and whilst it feels like it shouldn't be a problem, it's better to ask now than start hacking a model around later to get the tank in the right place. 

Issue resolved Cheers.

Odd. I thought that was the way we all do it?  Any other method would be extremely long winded. 

As long as any contact is with the back edge of the prop, you should only get a literal rap on the knuckles with no bloodshed.  However, not the case with a pusher prop and you won’t find me within two inches of one of them. I still have the scars inflicted by a little Veco 20 from the mid seventies to remind me!

21 hours ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Odd. I thought that was the way we all do it?  Any other method would be extremely long winded. 

As long as any contact is with the back edge of the prop, you should only get a literal rap on the knuckles with no bloodshed.  However, not the case with a pusher prop and you won’t find me within two inches of one of them. I still have the scars inflicted by a little Veco 20 from the mid seventies to remind me!

To be more accurate I think the contact was when removing the glow igniter. Still really not sure how I got into that position as it caught the base of my little finger.