Stinger 10cc RE by Zhejiang RCGF Model Co Ltd

toto

Soon after the move to our new site we canvassed the few local houses for their opinions on our noise, the most negative one was that he wished to sit in his garden on a Sunday morning after a hard week and enjoy the silence.

At that we decided that electric was the only option if we were going to be good neighbours 

• Like 3

Advert

On 03/07/2023 at 14:35, john davidson 1 said:

Soon after the move to our new site we canvassed the few local houses for their opinions on our noise, the most negative one was that he wished to sit in his garden on a Sunday morning after a hard week and enjoy the silence.

At that we decided that electric was the only option if we were going to be good neighbours 

So give him his Sunday morning but have IC during the week and Saturdays then everyones happy. Dont fallover like  dominos as is often the case or your neighbour might one day,  like one of ours neighbours decide he just doesnt want to even see gliders or quiet model on his relaxing Sundays. Fortunately he didnt follow through as we have a CLU in place on our site.

Not for one minute am I suggesting being difficult with this person but give and take should work both ways. 

Is your committee pro electric ? If they are then they should discuss this at an open meeting including any IC diehards.

Just my opinion but being fair includes all diciplines. 

3 hours ago, Engine Doctor said:

So give him his Sunday morning but have IC during the week and Saturdays then everyones happy. Dont fallover like  dominos as is often the case or your neighbour might one day,  like one of ours neighbours decide he just doesnt want to even see gliders or quiet model on his relaxing Sundays. Fortunately he didnt follow through as we have a CLU in place on our site.

Not for one minute am I suggesting being difficult with this person but give and take should work both ways. 

Is your committee pro electric ? If they are then they should discuss this at an open meeting including any IC diehards.

Just my opinion but being fair includes all diciplines. 

We are quite happy to fly all electric, there were none against. It is a beautiful piece of rural solitude and we want to get on with our neighbours

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Graham Bowers said:

What's a CLU please?

It stands for" Certificate of Lawful Use" . In laymans terms  its like grandad rights but limits you to what you have been using land for previously but doesnt allow for expansion or new activities. To obtain one you must have land owners permission, must have been using land for 10 years with no restrictions imposed by council and i believe no gormal complaints.

Even with a CLU we still have to comply with noise regs but due to the electric revolution our IC use has reduced cosiderably but is still welcome.

Edited by Engine Doctor
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, john davidson 1 said:

We are quite happy to fly all electric, there were none against. It is a beautiful piece of rural solitude and we want to get on with our neighbours

It is indeed.  You won;t be seeing my wee diesel project that I've got on the go then John 🙂 It'll be a few weeks off yet though, working on the electric version first.

4 hours ago, GrumpyGnome said:

I suspect that even a CLU would offer little 'protection' from an ASBO replacement if there were complaints......

Using an ASBO  is surely an abuse of power ? Like using a sledge hammer to crack a nut . Have any clubs been issued with an ASBO ? As I have already said we still have to abide by sound regs but a CLU prevents vexatious litigants getting their way just to stop your club from flying .