Hitec repairs

Diamond Geezer

Worth giving https://modelradioworkshop.co.uk/  a shout.

Most decent sized model shops would probably offer to send your gear for repair to Hitec's UK distributor , which I believe  is J. Perkins. Maybe give them a call direct, they show a service phone number on their website.

Depending on what's wrong and the age of the equipment, don't be surprised if the repair will not be worthwhile or economically viable. Maybe a clubmate well versed in electronics can help.

Edited by Cuban8

I would suggest you cut your losses with these broken transmitters and buy a new Flysky FS-I6  🙂

Fifty quid for a modern, reliable set with an excellent reputation.

If you dont fancy Banggood or Ali there are a few UK stockists at maybe a fiver markup,

eg https://howesmodels.co.uk/product/flysky-fs-i6-2-4g-6ch-transmitter-and-receiver-system-lcd-screen-latest-version/

14 minutes ago, Nick Cripps said:

Have you charged the battery? The flashing red light may mean low battery voltage.

Hi Nick

no I haven’t changed the battery.

13 minutes ago, Nick Cripps said:

Have you charged the battery? The flashing red light may mean low battery voltage.

Hi Phil
Are they compatible with Hitec Rex’s that’s my problem I have about 20 Hitec optima Rex’s.

I think the only thing that you can easily do yourself is to completely power down the TX for several minutes by disconnecting or removing the battery - reconnect and fully charge the unit and see what happens. You might be lucky and get normal operation but don't bank on it.

Buying used  radio gear from an unknown seller is fraught with risk - sometimes people are happy to unload their rubbish on to an unsuspecting and trusting buyer while some are simply unaware of a problem. 

The advice to cut your losses and buy a new and guaranteed budget set is sound if you find yourself still in trouble or doubt the reliability of the gear.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Diamond Geezer said:

Hi Nick

no I haven’t changed the battery.

Hi Phil
Are they compatible with Hitec Rex’s that’s my problem I have about 20 Hitec optima Rex’s.

Watch out, both the Futaba and Hitec tx battery's use the same white square plug, but the polarities are inverted, this can lead to 'magic smoke',,,

Right guys

with the charger plugged into the wall and into the tx there is no lights on the charger,but when I switch the tx on I get the flashing red light and when I turn it off I get the welcome screen come on then it dies there is 8.54 volts in battery don’t know why there’s no light on the charger although it has power coming out of it image.png.15ec7e56ce64e400c79cd89c47112a60.png

C5A9DBA2-171B-45A7-B9BF-04550428D47F.jpeg

ABC5A87D-9049-4F80-977E-CDBE8E3CC00B.jpeg

I’ve got two of these excellent radios.  I’ve used a 2 cell lipo in it for years without any problems.  I used their white plug, I never did find where I could buy another one.

Mike Ridley repaired it when my son managed to ram the plug in the wrong way round and shorted it.  Despite the clear red/ black sticker and the plug making it so that can only go in one way round.  He managed it. 😳

• Like 1

I use a 2s lipo in my Hitec Aurora, I cut the old connector off the original Nimh pack and soldered it onto the lipo not forgetting to go into settings and change the battery type to Lipo. I remove the pack for charging.

I'm with Ken on this one, it does sound like a lack of power issue. I hope you get it sorted as they are nice transmitters, just a pity Hitec pulled out of making them.

• Like 2