EBay Sellers.....

Robert Cracknell

On 30/11/2023 at 19:11, Paul Marsh said:

I must be rich, if my engines are worth £500 each, then i'm a millionare!!!

I have nearly 2000 engines, and the photo is only the unboxed 2 strokes, with over 500 in boxes, plus the models as well. and a few more 4 strokes without boxes not pictured.

406325158_10160813217761210_4921081233099299189_n.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, Paul, why? Do you collect engines, or did they just accumulate? (I know someone who collects Cox engines, and his aim was to get an example of every engine Leroy produced. Just to collect, he will never run them, in fact his aim is to get them as unrun/boxed if he could. He is still hoping to find an intact card of cheap 0.49s, the type the stores had, and they just tore one off for a customer).

Edited by Arthur Harris
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arthur Harris said:

If you don't mind me asking, Paul, why? Do you collect engines, or did they just accumulate? (I know someone who collects Cox engines, and his aim was to get an example of every engine Leroy produced. Just to collect, he will never run them, in fact his aim is to get them as unrun/boxed if he could. He is still hoping to find an intact card of cheap 0.49s, the type the stores had, and they just tore one off for a customer).

If I get a model without an engine, or build one, then I can use an engine I've got. Especially as they are not made anymore and cannot be replaced. It's nice to know I've got them and a nice warm feeling that they are there.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2023 at 19:11, Paul Marsh said:

I must be rich, if my engines are worth £500 each, then i'm a millionare!!!

I have nearly 2000 engines, and the photo is only the unboxed 2 strokes, with over 500 in boxes, plus the models as well. and a few more 4 strokes without boxes not pictured.

406325158_10160813217761210_4921081233099299189_n.jpg

Aha! Thats where all the blooming engines went 🙂

13 hours ago, brokenenglish said:

The photo is a bit "untidy", but I don't see anything of any significant value that would interest a collector.

Thers' always a collector for anything . One mans rubbish and all that. There is a veritable gold mine of spares in that pile of engines if not some good runners.

Edited by Engine Doctor

35 minutes ago, Engine Doctor said:

Thers' always a collector for anything . One mans rubbish and all that. There is a veritable gold mine of spares in that pile of engines if not some good runners.

I'm sure that many of the engines in that picture are in serviceable condition or if not can be brought back into running order fairly quickly and cheaply but is there much of a demand for them? Sound second hand two-stokes may be picked up for a song these days as novices and experienced pilots alike prefer the quietness, cleanliness and convenience of electric flight or the economy of petrol engines in larger models.

About ten years ago the chairman of my club went to the British Nationals. He told me that there was a man there with several buckets full of two stroke glow engines from little 049s to 25cc Super Tigres. £10 each. Take your pick...

• 5 weeks later...