A reminder required, paper removal

Erfolg

Depends on the foamboard, regarding West Foamboard from Hobbycraft I've tried and tried as @Ron Gray has suggested using an iron and removing the paper but not matter what I try I cannot get it cleanly off.

I was in Hobbycraft a while back and they did have a foamboard which looked different, I found I could easily remove the paper from a corner but stupidly didn't buy any.

What foamboard have you got and if you have success I'd be interested to know how you've done it. 👍

John, Webbies is some distance from me now, probably some + 60 miles. Also I have about 5 0r maybe 10 sheets, whatever the offer was at the time at Hobbykraft.

PDB, yep the board I have are the boards that Hobbycraft had on offer. I am so pleased and grateful that you have replied with your experiences. I found that my tacking iron either did not soften the adhesive to allow the removal of the paper, or it melted the polystyrene.

However, I have now found that if I soak the board (actually bits of the board), Ican tnen pull most of the paper of, the remainder I could then just rub of.

• Like 1

Webbies have a stock of 3 and 6 mm foam sheet. It has the word Depron printed all over it. Given that Depron is a trade mark it is reasonable to assume it is made by them.

It is not as stiff as the original Depron but it is better than most of the others and a bit more expensive.

I live not too far from Frodsham so I have used a few of the new "Depron" 3 mm 1250x800 sheets.

They do sell 30"x40"FliteTest 8.5mm bifold maker foam board.