Drone Pilot Found Guilty and Fined

8 minutes ago, steve too said:

Article on the second incident referred to in the Geeksvana video.

https://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2024/01/06/photographer-almost-crashed-drone-into-fatboy-slim/

Similar fine to the Peterborough incident which I find surprising as I see the Brighton one as being more serious (over a crowd, lost control).

"Almost", I almost crashed my helicopter yesterday, and what did you "almost" do ?.😡

42 minutes ago, steve too said:

Article on the second incident referred to in the Geeksvana video.

https://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2024/01/06/photographer-almost-crashed-drone-into-fatboy-slim/

Similar fine to the Peterborough incident which I find surprising as I see the Brighton one as being more serious (over a crowd, lost control).

Think that they are both serious incidents and the fines ought to have been larger in both cases. There was clearly an increased risk of injury in the Brighton video, exacerbated by the fact that Fatboy Slim would have been completely unaware of the drone approaching and unlikely to be able to take evasive action himself. If he had heard an irritating high pitched whine approaching he might have just thought that it was his missus joining him on stage.;)

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, leccyflyer said:

Think that they are both serious incidents and the fines ought to have been larger in both cases. There was clearly an increased risk of injury in the Brighton video, exacerbated by the fact that Fatboy Slim would have been completely unaware of the drone approaching and unlikely to be able to take evasive action himself. If he had heard an irritating high pitched whine approaching he might have just thought that it was his missus joining him on stage.;)

Doubt he’d have heard it coming due to the racket he was making himself at the time 🔊🔊 🎶🎵🙉.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, J D 8 said:

I think I remember correctly he only got caught because his address was on the drone when fished out of the water.

IIRC it was a fixed wing model that had a camera. Footage from the SD card revealed his car registration before he launched the model & it also showed the location he launched from. The SD card was returned to him & he uploaded it to YT.  

• Like 2