Transmitter identification

Hello,

I hope someone is this group will be able to help me identify this transmitter in the picture….. 

I’ve taken on a project, a box of bits… literally! this is my first time working with 2.4Ghz (it was all crystals last time I played with RC) so a learning curve ! 

I have managed to bind this controller to the receiver, next step was to work out which channels on the receiver do what. I seem to have that sussed, but… the speed controllers / motors will not stop running (slow’ish) unless I pull the wires back out of the receiver. I think I might have a trim setup problem, but I have no idea how to change that with this transmitter.

Does anyone recognise it so I can Google for a manual? 

Any help or pointers much appreciated. 

Cheers

Ben

IMG_4976.jpeg

😁

I've never seen one before but try here:

https://acairtechnology.com/

The tortoise/hare throttle suggests a 'toy' use - and yes, it is quite a "toy" !!!!

Must have quite some traction, cant imagine it working on grass.

The USB bottom-right could be an Arduino Nano edge-on.   Is the case 3D printed maybe? 

In its intended role it would only need short range so might not make a flying set... although you wouldnt put a full external aerial on a short range device, so ???

Any chance of a look inside Ben?  🙂

acair.jpg

Tmini_2020_1_v3_2048x.jpg?v=1647971898

Edited by Phil Green

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. It’s a tracked aircraft tug. As you say the tortoise is a speed setting. The padlock released the nose wheel. 
maybe a bespoke thing, originally from the States. 

Posted (edited)

I have that red controller as well (seen in the video) but it won’t bind to the receiver I have. 

This is the receiver, no stickers or marking to identify it. 

IMG_4987.jpeg

IMG_4988.jpeg

Edited by Benfly79

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Is that on a model tank, robot or aircraft tug?  It looks like an FRSky or similar receiver is in place near the top of the second picture?  Where is the blue receiver from?

Yes that FRSky receiver I can’t get to bind with the red remote. Some I’m using the blue remote with the blue receiver. 

Edited by Benfly79

Where is the blue receiver from?  If it’s a 2.4 GHz receiver as it appears to be, I take it you’re aware that each make is incompatible with others. 

I wonder if the transmitter is based on a multi protocol offering.  If so, and the blue receiver was part of the original package, it might need the protocol changing somewhere in the programming. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was recently trying to persuade a friend that he should be building aircraft tugs like that, and smaller ones for lighter aircraft.  GIven that the average age of private pilots is fairly old, a lot struggle to get their aircraft out of the hangar without assistance, particularly where its onto grass or up an incline.   You also have much better situational awareness if you can stand where you can see all the extremities of the aircraft, which is important, as it can get very expensive if you hit your own aircraft onto the hangar structure, or worse still, on someone else's aircraft.
I was aware of these tracked tugs being available in the US, but didn't realise that any had made it over here.