Twin 70EDF Position?

I am in the process of fitting two 70mm 12 blade 4s EDF motors to a 65" high wing model.

The EDF's will be in nacelles under the wing with a neutral thrust line.

My question is, how far out from the fuz do the EDF's need to be fitted?

My thinking so far, is as close to the fuz as possible, so any minor mis match in thrust will not be as noticeable etc.

Anybody any ideas please?.

As close to the fuselage as possible sounds right to me too, for the reason you've stated, and to minimise the structural load on the wing.

I would also question whether a little bit of down thrust would be good, as is usually the case with normal front-mounted props, to counteract the lift when the throttle is increased.

I will disagree with the statements above. Pods for the fans need to be mounted away from the fuselage some so inlet is away from air disturbed by said fuzz.

Note. Full size practice with types like A 10 thunderbolt, VC 10, Learjet and many more.

7 hours ago, J D 8 said:

I will disagree with the statements above. Pods for the fans need to be mounted away from the fuselage some so inlet is away from air disturbed by said fuzz.

Note. Full size practice with types like A 10 thunderbolt, VC 10, Learjet and many more.

I agree.  In my earlier post I was thinking of A10 Thunderbolt and Learjet, both of which I have, so I should have said as close as reasonably possible, or something like that.