Your Favorite Model

Stephen Grigg

Advert

• 2 months later...
Definitely for ease of flying ,to allow me to relax,and enjoy myself ,and in assisting me on getting my confidence back,it has to be the Multiplex Mentor.2 20 minute flights today,and I was happy for the instructor to help someone else and leave me on my own.A lot of interest from members of the club,1 who has purchased 1 to use as a Tug for the gliders.And when it lands, its as clean as when it took off, marvelous

Stephen
I've just installed an OS 52 fs (or is it 54  -bought second hand ) in mine .Not flown it yet  .What do you have as  a power plant ( hope it is not electric ).Wished I knew how to put a picture on here of my CUB with my camera / phone ! Just realised that when you said it's as clean as when you took off it's obviously not electric cos there would be scorch marks at least
Myron

For me it has to be the MScomposit Swift 2 flying wing.  The sheer bouncebackability that it posesses has taught me a great deal trying out new things that id be scared to with any of my other models.  People moan about paying £30 or so for a couple of bits of foam that you glue together - but i have had way more than £30 worth of fun with it!  There are a dozen of us with them at my club and we are having competition days with them, the first of which is this Saturday - Shame im at work!

It seems that some have a perennial favourite, and that some have had the same favourite for years!

Mine tends to vary.  At the moment it's a Keil Kraft Ladybird - probably because it's built from an original kit.  This freeflighter has been uprated with electric power and simple radio control, and weighs in at around 20 oz.  Perfect  for touch'n'goes on a calm day!

tim

• 9 months later...
My favourite has to be my Buzz Lightning flying wing Easy to fly at high speed (90+mph) and stable at low speeds. Crashed many times and still works perfectly. Due to noise complaints from the horse owner at the bottom of our field (which is strange as it is purely an electric club and we never fly over her field) i havn't been able to fly it recently  

Why donyt you record her horses farrting and making all those horsey noises they make fit a sound system and when you fly again have it on full blast and when she complains you can tell her its her horses she is hearing but your not  compaining,job done high fives,sorry time for my tablets

Edited By Stephen Grigg on 10/02/2010 20:54:45

in reality it is probably my little 28" span electric Lil'Bit flying wing.  It's the one model that is always kept ready and gets taken to the field without thinking about it, and gets flown between taking up the 'real' models.  It's just such a laugh, almost indestructible, fastish, highly manouverable yet really docile on low rates and throttle.

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 13/02/2010 19:21:23

A year on I realise what a difficult question I asked,there are so many diverse models to choose from from old design floaties to fast sportsters to acrobatic.you have to learn your level and what your comfortable with,and what you expect to get out of this great sporting hobby.Is it  A relaxing evening floaty sitting in a chair or is it an adrenaline rush or both.

You're right Stephen it is a difficult question! Something from the past? Or the one I'm building? The one you can only fly on calm summer evening? Or that one that always gets the heart beating just a little quicker?

Taking all things into a account - I'm going to plum for my WOT4 Classic. Works all the time. Slow. Fast. Pottering around the circuit. Or practicing some aerobatics. It always brings a smile to my face

BEB

Now that is impressive Simon,my instrutor built this model last year and won the scale competition with it. at present doing the Flair Stearman but its so big he has struggled with it space wise.He has to wait until the better weather to finish it because he has to put the wrigging on and the only place to do it is outside.

Dear !
When I read BEB's mail,I want to thank him for a nice description of hard question-Why we prefere some models.BEB's wa said :"THAT ONE THAT ALWAYS GETS THE HEART
BEATING A LITTLE QUICKER ! " now is easy to select,for me offcoorse The winner is :
Old semi scale Spitfire Vb (Leon -Taiwan),although, she is hard to flying,to fast and
stubborn...but love is blind.
                                                    best wishes for all  Joe.