Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

Ah! Arthur Haynes, "up to his neck in muck and bullets" as well as giving Nicholas Parsons a hard time. ( Nicholas started work as a shipyard apprentice in Glasgow in 1940, so he's 90 now, but Arthur must have been dead 40 years)?

Are you still sitting there Dave? It could be a long time!

Daithi, I think "alternative" means "alternative to being funny". No other explanation comes to mind.

Advert

Posted by Dave Hopkin on 30/11/2014 09:48:59:

I brought an Advent Calendar yesterday, the Liverpool edition

All the windows are smashed and the chocolate's been nicked.......

OO'er Dave. I don't think that one will last long when the mods see it.

Funny all the same (from a non Liverpool point of view).

smile

If they haven't learned to laugh at themselves yet...... they should have! teeth 2

You hear a lot worse between city-dwellers on Match of the Day each week - not that I watch it, of coursesad

Besides, BEB's from that neck of the woods - I'm sure he'll have something to say if it's out of order....wink 2

pete

I had this sent today.

A group of golfing buddies, all in their 40's, discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Hooters because it wasn't far from the course, the waitresses were young, good looking, wore short-shorts and showed lots of cleavage.
Ten years later, at age 50, the golfing buddies once again discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Hooters because the food and service was good, they had many televisions to watch the games on, and the beer selection was excellent.
Ten years later, at age 60, the gang again discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Hooters because there was plenty of parking, they could dine in peace, and it was good value for the money.
Ten years later, at age 70, they discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Hooters because the restaurant was wheelchair accessible and had a toilet for the disabled.
Ten years later, at age 80, the friends discussed where they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Hooters because they had never been there before. teeth 2

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 30/11/2014 18:48:11:

If they haven't learned to laugh at themselves yet...... they should have! teeth 2

You hear a lot worse between city-dwellers on Match of the Day each week - not that I watch it, of coursesad

Besides, BEB's from that neck of the woods - I'm sure he'll have something to say if it's out of order....wink 2

pete

As an (Adopted) Mancunian its my right to hurl abuse (as well as flushing the toilet) down the River Mersey wink

And as long as you have the chin ready to take it back then I reckon its ok

Posted by ken anderson. on 01/12/2014 16:48:51:

never mind Dave-you will prob get a Red card when the mods take in what you've posted..........

No, Ken, I'll refer you to the first line of my previous post... besides, 3 of the 5 mods are north of Brum anyway! smile

Pete

ps, If you guys up there are running short, I can send you some salt and vinegar.....wink 2

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 01/12/2014 17:08:42:

never mind Dave-you will prob get a Red card when the mods take in what you've posted..........

No, Ken, I'll refer you to the first line of my previous post... besides, 3 of the 5 mods are north of Brum anyway! smile

Pete

ps, If you guys up there are running short, I can send you some salt and vinegar.....wink 2

Salt and vinegar, ehhhhhhhhh bah eck, luxury, when I were a lad we used to dream of salt and vinegar...

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 01/12/2014 17:08:42:

Pete

Well that explains a lot!devil