Malta

ken anderson.

well done Kevin-a man after my own heart-myself and Mrs A will be visiting again in April...and of course meeting up with the lad with his private model aircraft squadron Victor.....you should visit his site during your stay and say hello to him and the club members...we are staying in Sliema....hope I don't bump into N Hawes! kulou

ken Anderson...ne....1.... Med dept.

• 1 month later...
Advert

couple of weeks time we'll be visiting the little lump of rock in the middle of the med again(Malta) and meeting up with fellow forumite and flyer Victor Saliba..........anyone who has any messages for him -I'm your man...i'll be checking out all the latest additions to his hangar also...

ken Anderson...ne...1..... international RCME dept.

We returned last week from our visit. Sadly as SWMBO is not a "Toy Plane" person I was not able to sneak away to visit the Malta club.sad Strange that as she was quite happy to spend a few hours at the aviation museum, Fort Rinella, the Malta at War museum etc etc. She does like a good bit of WWII history does my wife.

The good news is we are booking to go back again in September.

Kev

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Posted by Kevin Fairgrieve on 29/03/2015 10:49:47:

We returned last week from our visit. Sadly as SWMBO is not a "Toy Plane" person I was not able to sneak away to visit the Malta club.sad Strange that as she was quite happy to spend a few hours at the aviation museum, Fort Rinella, the Malta at War museum etc etc. She does like a good bit of WWII history does my wife.

The good news is we are booking to go back again in September.

Kev

Well September is almost over and.....

We fly out tomorrow morning.smile d

3 days at Mellieha Bay, then over to Gozo for 2 days, then back to St Pauls Bay for 5 days.

Really bad planning by the wife as we come back from Gozo on the Sunday, which just happens to clash with The Malta International Air Show.

Early flight so off to bed early.

Kev

• 3 months later...

well done Kevin...we may bump in to each other-for we are booked to go in march ...yee gazooks i hear you say-you'll prob hear me before you see me Kevin...Alan thanks for the early greeting etc...this will be our 15th visit....... we have friends going out in February also.....

ken anderson...ne...1..... maltese dept.

Enjoy yourselves out there the Med lads... Sounds like a good plan is coming together there! I wouldnt utter one word of a modellers meet up to the other halves.. trust me..

Belated B'day wishes and have a good 2016 over there Victor, lets not be hearing how pleasent and sunny it is... wink

• 1 month later...
Posted by ken anderson. on 30/12/2015 18:27:53:

hello kevin...we go the 12th....pm me where you are staying etc...we may cross path's.... the ladies will be over the moon/not with that.. kulou

ken anderson...ne...1 international meeting in the med dept.

In conversation with the wife a few minutes ago I have realised that we are actually going to Malta on the 7th March.

If you are going on the 12th that will only give us a couple of days to meet up. Still Saturday or Sunday are usually good flying days.

Good job my only part in any holiday is to get us to the airport as the wife does not drive.

Kevin Fairgrieve..getting it wrong again department.blush

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the meeting with the king of Malta didn't materialize ....due to ill health reasons...... never mind here's some photo's of the Texan T6G they have acquired at the aircraft museum........looks like one of Danny Fenton build's i hear you say..... so complicated...don't think we want to do a scale model of it!...

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

ken anderson...ne....1.... T6G Dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 24/03/2016 10:15:23

Sorry to hear that the meeting did not happen.

I am happy to report that I spent a very good day with the guys at the club on the Saturday.

img_0407 (medium).jpg

img_0445 (medium).jpg

img_0455 (medium).jpg

img_0506 (medium).jpg

img_0917 (medium).jpg

img_0991 copy (medium).jpg

I can actually think of no better place to fly. The silent City in the background, and the excellent facilities are the envy of many a club.

Only another 8 years to go and then I retire. Our ultimate aim is to retire to Malta.

Kev

• 6 months later...

well its that time again...off to Malta for the 16th time...this time staying in a different area...after consulting a fellow forum'ite for advice....we'll be winging our way there in the early hours ...time most of you are just getting up ..... 1st time flying with Jet2 also....... I've heard a few stories about the age of their aircraft etc...... fingers crossed.... teeth 2 or kulou ......ye gazooks...I hear you all cry.....

ken Anderson...ne...1....... middle of the med dept.....