Malta

ken anderson.

few week's time going to malta-little island in the middle of the med with a big heart-this is the 7th time we've been-really nice place and people+they have an aircraft museum(yabba dabba doo) and in the war museum in valletta they have the fuselage of one of the gloster gladiator's that helped to defend the island in ww2(3 gladiator's that got the nicknames of faith,hope and charity)...........

ken anderson..........

Been to Malta once, loved it and would go back again.

Our time there coincided with the Remembrance Day service in Valletta.  The day prior to the service we were out walking and came across a cemetery full of young men and women from 18 upwards who had come out to defend the island.  You can imagine how these young people felt to come to such a lovely island with all the heat and sun and then never to leave.  Wild horses could not have kept us away from that service, which we found very moving. It is a pity some of the youth of today  can not appreciate what others in there age group valued and died for.

Been to the museum and found it very interesting, as is the whole of the island.

Have a good time Ken.

hello hamish--i attended one of my old uncles funeral 3 year's ago-and during the sermon we were told that he had left school during WW2 and lied about his age to join the merchant navy-he got in and joined the convoys to russia where his ship's were torpedoed three times-all this at the age of 16/17 year's of age-he survived it all to live in to his 70's---he was a nice lad.........

ken anderson...................

• 1 month later...
alas--tis now a memory-warm sun-walking around like a weekend millionaire-one of the lasting memories is going to the hal far model association flying site and meeting some of the people/member's who fly there-especially mr victor saliba(the lad who did a review)of the panic biplane on this very forum.

i contacted victor via the forum and met up with him in malta-after a visit to hal far site we spent some time meeting victor's family-and also had a very enjoyable evening out together.....now just a nice memory-anyone visiting malta-sneak a visit to hal far site-you won't be disappointed when you meet our maltese counterpart's................

ken anderson..............  

• 1 year later...
Posted by David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 14/10/2010 08:11:48:
Give Victor and the lads our best regards Ken .
Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 14/10/2010 08:12:02

last time i was there---speaking to victor about young asher's/timbo and co....i explained they were like national treasure's.................should be buried in the garden

possibly my last post.....  ken anderson   ne....1. 

Have a good time Ken. 

But don't forget before you go to order some decent weather for the north-east for the latter part of next week for me!  I'll be up probably on Wednesday (20th) evening until the following Monday morning.  So any remaining members of the HTP who aren't going to Malta - look out!

Posted by ken anderson. on 14/10/2010 18:43:43:
another good post away down the drain...open the door and they come flooding in.............    ..

ken anderson   ne....1

Well you said it, that to me pretty much sums up your holiday story next week............  

Never mind, Ill buy you a pint at the club meeting tonight so you can drown your sorrows 

Edited By Craig Carr on 14/10/2010 19:01:00

No 1 Ken and his lovely wife Sue landed at Malta International Airport yesterday evening and were given a great warm welcome by me and my wife. We met up 30 mins later at their hotel in Sliema and had a couple of black coffee and tea and a chat. We discussed a bit of everything. I wish Ken and Sue a memorable holiday. British people are the best.

Posted by John Privett on 19/10/2010 11:55:00:
Good to hear he's arrived safely, Victor! 

Look after him,  but give us plenty of warning before you send him back.

LOL  - Its only day 1 and its been sooooo peaceful.  Seriously though have a good time, best wishes to Victor....  enjoy the week off from your Domestic Duties

greetings comrades back in the UK............day 2 in the middle of the med--victor and his wife are really nice people...1 st day a fair few heavy showers..day 2 hot(25c)and dry all day...just had some nosh and a nice stroll along the sea front.......eat you heart's out in the freezing uk...

al be back...anderson international  ...  med ... 1.

Edited By ken anderson. on 20/10/2010 20:22:48