Malta

ken anderson.

i might as well come clean---it was me who won the 130 million lottery....but i'm not packing in been retired...and all who i know still owe me a pint.......and as far as the camera not lying...this time it did-i'm better looking than on the pic's/not...  ...

just a few more million to get rid of and i'll be home and back to my normal self.... mixing with the commoner's etc....... hope someone has been feeding enrico-the foreign lad for me..

ken anderson... med 1..   ...

well tis just a memory..for we returned this morning(early hour's)....nice to come back to the climate we're used to/not.....apart from the normal holiday .... had a couple of good day's with fellow forumite and his family(MR V Saliba)...i recommend anyone going to malta to contact victor and say hello to him.....he is a one in a million man...worth his weight in gold/ the lot.....i have some photo's from victor's club site...which he is the president of at hal far.....no sign of enrico yet...he may have gone to ground with me being away...and no one willing to look out for him..i'll keep you all informed of his welfare etc.......

ken anderson...back to ne...1.      

here as promised are some photo's of the 'hal far' club site and also of forumite-victor saliba and his son steff......the club site seem's to be  a social meeting place for the member's and their families...as well as a flying site........nice people and place.....

ken anderson,international   med ...1

Edited By ken anderson. on 27/10/2010 14:50:53

• 5 months later...
well anderson international is again meeting up with the Med branch of the HTP next week...i've been informed that i wont be able to get in to his model hangar for various version's...of all of the different Wot's...that are on the production line......watch this space for up to the min reports...as we go......

ken anderson ne..1(med branch) .

• 3 weeks later...
some of the aircraft stuff at the malta aviation museum....

a bell 47g in full working order......

a dc3...note how you are allowed to 'inspect' them close up ....

and finally a pratt and whitney twin radial wasp...as used in the DC3/Liberator etc...

ken anderson ne..1.(med branch/international....)

i went to malta once, said i would go back when it was finished, horrible hotel, the hyperion in st pauls bay, bugibba, cant beat having a hotel that changed the door, and the lock while we where out, got back at 12.00 at night, and couldnt get in the room!!! billed as a 4star too, strangely, all the better hotels semed very german, the folk there are warm, and very nice though, managed to visit taquali for the models, memo, must hire a car next time, going by bus was--interesting, would i go again? oh yes, but only if the accomadation was right,

• 1 year later...

it's that time again...off to the little old lump of rock in the middle of the med and - yes meeting up with fellow forumite victor saliba..... who has been adding even more bespoke models to his collection....i'll be reporting back and even while i'm there if i can find a PC......

ken anderson ne..1 international dept....worldwide etc..... smile d

Two books that I would recommend to anyone going to Malta and who likes a good read are The Kapilan of Malta by Nicholas Monsarrat who wrote the Cruel Sea. The main story is fiction and tells Malta's WW2 story through the eyes of a Catholic priest. Every other chapter tells the story of Malta from prehistoric times up to the second world war. Monsarrat, who lived and died on Gozo tells an excellent story that pulls in the arrival of the Illustrious after being bombed on convoy duty and the ships escape to America and also the Tanker Ohio.

The other book is Fortress Malta by James Holland. This is non-fiction and tells Malta's war time story through the eyes of the Maltese and British and Commonwealth people who lived through it.

Thanks David, Ken and lovely wife Sue are going to be in good hands, that's for sure. My family and I are looking forward to once again welcome this lovely couple. Hope they won't be roasted by the sun. Ken is going to return home like the Maltese flag, white and red...........................

visited Malta in 2010 & 2011 and I love the place and the people. The whole island oozes history. Both times we stayed at the Fortina in silema looking across to Valleta.

Valeta from Silima

The Gozo ferries interested me because they had two bows and no stern. Both end were mirror images of one another. No going astern, just full ahead.

We toured the islands with a hire car and found the Air Museum which was of great interest to me but not my wife and daughter.

Malta Air Museum

Malta Air Museum

Malta Air Museum

Malta Air Museum

On the second visit I wisited the War Museum in Valleta and saw the famous Gladiator

Malta War Museum

Edited By Alan Randall on 18/05/2012 10:48:08

Was in Malta reacently in my real plane. As I was coming in in approach into RW13, I saw a large model with smoke. It looked like an extra or Sbach doing aeros. You may ask how on earth did I spot that? Well I shall tell you.....someone was enjoying themselves with 'smoke on' at a height just slightly above 400ft.......closer to 800ft I would suggest.

Anyway, the aeros looked good, but not that close to me next time please!! Hope that wasn't you Ken.......?!