Malta

ken anderson.

Posted by Chris Barlow on 01/03/2018 16:18:52:

We're also off to Malta in August! Bugugibbia or something like that! wink

Well the kids wanted to go somewhere hot and sunny after last years trip to Bergen in February!

I suspect it may be back to Norway again next year! devil

Buggiba?

The best area on the island in my opinion.

Always stay in the general area. Introduced Ken to it last year and he likes it as well.

Only 3 weeks for me.

Kev

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

Been following Kev's adventures on FB (Spends a lot of time at the bar!) laugh

We had a choice of going the week after Easter or in August and opted for the latter.

Can't wait now and really looking forward to it. Quite fancy a family evening meal in Bugibba Sq so any recommendations?

Keep the FB updates coming Kev! yes

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Jim Carss on 08/04/2018 08:29:02:

What a good looking pair,who is that guy on the left,looks familiar,could it be James Bond ?

jc----- ne23 kendo dept.

....................................................................................

funny you should say that JC...I was thinking more along the lines of Brooke Bond..... emotion may have been the camera angle or lighting ...

ken Anderson...ne...1.. J Carrs dept.

• 4 months later...
First 2 days in Malta and it's hot! Been to Popeye Village yesterday and Blue Lagoon, Comino today. It's the week of the Santa Maria Festival ? so its extremely busy and public transport is rammed but what an amazing and friendly place!

Unfortunately I can't post photos from my phone but I can see why people return to the
islands after their first trip!
Love the place already!

Glad to see you are liking it Chris.

Public transport in Malta is always rammed, no matter what time of year.

The Maltese seem to have a festival at just about any time so the chances of catching one is always high. When we last went in April there was a Festa in Rabat the old capital of Malta. That is one place you need to go as well is Mdina the silent city. Walk all the way to the dirty great wall at the far end of the village, and look out over most of Malta. From there you can see the dome at Mosta and Taqali airfield where the flying club is.

It is a lovely place but sadly I am not going to make a second trip this year. Family wedding got in the way of that one.

Kev

nice place there Chris and nice people, we're booked again for next year. Worth a visit to the aviation museum(not far from the main model flying site)make sure your in Valetta one day at 12.00 when they fire the large cannon. And don't have too many btle's of Cisk...or you'll fall over/not...

ken anderson ….ne..1...Malta dept.

• 7 months later...

its nearly that time again (no 19) we'll be heading off to Malta again(I hear you think)…..for some R/R,staying again in the nice hotel that Kevin F recommended....looking forward to some nice warm sunshine, a few bottles of Cisk….hopefully Brexit wont put the dampener on it ...and we get back in the UK.. smiley

ken anderson...ne..1....international dept.

You enjoy Ken.

We are going the other way this year but not until June. Yep first time staying in Sliema.

I think we will miss our regular hotel, but we will see. Last time we went there was a lot of work being done. You will have to report back.

I doubt we will get our normal two visits this year as we have splashed out on a September jaunt. Hong Kong Vietnam and Singapore. No EU worries there.

Enjoy.

• 1 month later...