Malta

ken anderson.

as alans answer above kevin...they also have on display the genuine (real)george cross that was awarded to the island and people of malta......i thought it was a replica ..but it was pointed out to me that the one i was standing looking at was the real thing.....faith

ken anderson ne...1.... real thing dept....

Edited By ken anderson. on 31/05/2012 11:14:51

we met up with the king of malta....victor saliba and his family once again...... and spent some time with him .... and also visited the flying club ....check out his ever expanding model store.....

thats Mdina in the background....... view from the club site......

ken anderson ne..1 international dept......

With great pleasure, year after year, my family and I look forward to meet Ken and Sue Anderson. For us the most difficult moment comes when we have to say goodbye but everything comes to an end. I hope one day I will visit the Andersons on their home soil and Ken's club mates like, Michael, Enrico, Craig and others.

• 6 months later...

Hiya Victor, Ken advised me to get in touch hope you don't mind. I bought JP Bird dog yesterday I understand you have one (47" ARTF). The build manual is the worst I have come across I dont know about you. Any advice you can pass on would be very welcome with regards the equipping of this little rascal, it's a lovely air frame shame about the manual.

BH Bird DogHi Alan, sorry for the late reply, I was busy with my Christmas present, the Ripmax Bullet scheduled for tomorrow. As for my Bird Dog, mine is the Black Horse 74" version powered by an OS95 FS, landing lights, flaps and mixers. This version is very nice to fly very close to the ground with 1/3 throttle and half flaps with the landing lights on.

Edited By Victor Saliba on 26/12/2012 19:29:22

16122012280.jpgHi Alan, same wishes goes to you and your family. I'm sorry i was of no help, small electric models are not my kind although I do have an ST Models MX2 Mk2 and my son got the Wot 4 Foam E. I am going to present my son, on his birthday,next March, with an Acro Wot Mk2 Foam E.

Thanks and happy new year.

Edited By Victor Saliba on 27/12/2012 19:18:58

• 2 months later...

well its nearly that time again for the 'big meet'....we're off to malta in a couple of weeks time.....we'll be meeting up with victor and his family again.....and visiting his flying club site.......anyone with any messages for the med section of the forum let me know.......

ken anderson.......ne....1 ..... international dept.

• 3 weeks later...

Always good to hear from Victor - he should post an update on his exploits more often - and, apart from greetings from us all here, the only message I have is that he really should choose his friends more carefully!....wink 2teeth 2

Have a great time, Ken, and bring back a bit of sunshine for the UK lads....thumbs up

Pete

This coming Tuesday evening my wife and I will be at the airport to greet Ken and Sue Anderson for the 12 time in Malta. Weather is nice here, sunny and bright plus a bit warm.

Recently my son Stefano flew his birthday present, the Acro Wot FoamE and he likes it very much. Last Thursday I flew my latest model, the Hangar 9 Ultra Stick. Both models are programmed on my brand new radio, the Futaba 14FG.

30032013435.jpg

13042013452.jpg

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 25/04/2013 17:32:32

• 2 weeks later...

hello from maltese kenny........its been average 24c since we got here.......i'm missing thr rain and cold etc/not....met up with saliba aviation and spent some time at the club site....i have a few photo's from the visit....which i'll post...........back home tomorrow......crying 2 ... from...... ken anderson ne.....1........... malta dept.....

some photos from the flying club site.......

malta08.jpg

malta09.jpg

malta11.jpg

malta15.jpg

nice people and anyone visiting malta...make a point of having a look at the club site..thats the king of malta(victor) at the ice cream van and one of the lads in the photo's flys a full size Learjet....just like that....

ken anderson...ne..1 ...back home dept...

• 10 months later...

its that time of year again where I visit the middle of the med branch of the RCME forum..........I will be meeting up with the chairman Mr V Saliba again.......anyone who has any message's for victor -let me know.....and I'll pass them on......last word was he's waiting for the issue of the new ARTF Wots Wot......to add to his vast/massive collection....

ken Anderson ne...1 ......international affairs dept..