The Cafe

Former Member

Advert

Posted by Phil Wood on 05/10/2010 02:45:31:
Different subject......Does anyone else check the "Who's online" thingy?
I'm often up late and I do this a lot.

I've never even seen the "who's online" thingy on this forum!  Where is it?  Does it show everyone who is online or only those active within a certain timeframe?  My PC is generally on all day with this forum open in one of the browser tabs - I might not have actually looked at the forum for a couple of hours though,  I wonder if I still appear as being online?

john-as phil say's-you can have a look and see who is on the forum by .................clicking on the forum home page and scrolling down to the bottom and there they are----all the names of who are currently logged on to the forum....

ken anderson...ne...1.. 

just looked-you and i are listed..............and so is timbo...watch wot your saying/posting.........   

Edited By ken anderson. on 05/10/2010 09:27:31

Posted by Phil Wood on 04/10/2010 23:58:07:
Oh BEB, were you outside the hospital about 4pm today?......I saw someone who looked like you........I think.....I've only met you once.

Pol
 Sorry to dissapoint you Phil - but no it was n't me mate. I was still in work at Liverpool until at least 4:45. Then I drove to the Dental Hospital to pick up my son who had an appointment there.

The worrying thing is that means there's someone else who looks like me on the Wirral! If you've ever meet me You'd realise just how improbable that is!

BEB

With all the money influencing sport these days, I was thinking are there any true sportsmen left? Of course there are, but then I was thinking who I have seen acting in the most sportsmanlike manner, and the name Bruce Dalling came to mind.

I imagine Myron will know who he is, but I wonder if the name means anything to anyone, (be honest, without google )

Sadly he passed away a couple of years ago, but truly an amazing person as well as a great sportsman and gentleman.

Posted by Steve W-O on 06/10/2010 17:55:44:
Don't people bother to search on ebay?

This

Is already going for just about three times what they can be had for!!!

Edited By Steve W-O on 06/10/2010 17:56:41

Very strange!  16 bids from about 8 different bidders - all of whom have loads of feedback so aren't ebay newbies who don't know any better. 

Perhaps they all want one in a hurry?  I only paid about £7 for mine,  but I did have to wait around 2 weeks for it to arrive on the slowboat from China!

I just bought 3, all from different sellers, and all under £5 including postage.

I have a few of the others with the mounting kits, I wanted the keyfob ones as they mount "flat" with the lens at the front. 

They are (according to the instructions which covers all three types) the same thing inside.

I don't mind waiting a couple of weeks, though the two 8ch 2.4GHz receivers I ordered last week are here already, 6 days.

I can understand one person wanting it in a hurry, but all of them?

I didn't mean to criticise any one, but to point out that  you need to look around, it's worth it.

I've also noticed that many of the ebay sellers of RC gear are pricing themselves out of the market comparing with HobbyKing, and sometimes Giantcod (if they have stock!!), so ebay certainly is not the cheapest or best in many areas where it used to be. Maybe  the high cost of selling on ebay and paypal fees forces the prices up.

I have never had problems with Paypal but the local Wilkinsons is another matter, it was the only place I used my card in 9 months and within a week my bank account had been ripped off for over 800 quid, the second time it had happened in two years.
Barclays sorted it out and even had footage of the guy in York who made purchases at 'GAME' store, Barclays reimbursed my account for everything but since then I am very careful where I use my cards these days.
Barclays phoned me to ask if I had made any purchases in York recently, I told them the last time I was in York credit and debit cards hadnt been invented, the best we could do was a cheque back then.

Well, over the years my total has reached 1190 transactions with never a problem with card numbers or anything else, I have had problems with one or two sellers for other reasons but never the financial side of a deal.
Right now I have one seller who I bought a Chubb EN3 fire extinguisher from, it arrived damaged because he had not packed it properly, I have sent him four emails and a photo but no response so far so I have made a Paypal claim and escalated it because he has had his chance.
I have also informed Paypal that I cant return the item as it is now against the law for me to send a damaged pressurised container through the post or by courier for safety reasons,

My only "problem" transaction so far has been with a seller of PC parts in California.  I'd bought a memory module for an old laptop and not received it.  Knowing the post was a bit slow due to Christmas I left it for a while then emailed the seller a couple of times but got no reply.  Just before the time limit for doing so I raised a Paypal claim.  Within a couple of hours of this the seller refunded the money.