Robotbirds . com

Advert

Only ever used them once, and had a problem - goods were returned and exchanged, only to fault immediately on first use. Returned again after exchange of pleasant emails etc, but refund or exchange was never made, despite assurances. Email assured me that he /they took "complaints" very seriously, and would do all he could to resolve. Never heard another thing, no reply to 4 further emails, and never got my £40 back.
Once bitten..I dont return .

• 6 months later...
They may have changed hands but its still the same poor after care service.  Recently bought an EPP SR-71 kit from them and noticed some carbon spares were missing.  Emailed Andy and he replied that I should check again in case any other parts were missing.  I did and there were seven parts missing.  I described them as listed in the parts list and sent off the email.

So far I've had two carbon spars and no replies to several emails.  The missing parts were mainly piano wire parts and two 6" ally rods.  It would hardly break the bank for RobotBirds but its the irritation of having bought a kit with loads of it missing. 

I won't be buying from Robot Birds again.  Not reliable!

• 2 years later...

I have used them 4/5 times in recent months with no problems in supply of a couple of EPP kits and lots and lots of sundry items. My only concern is when emailing a query re why some prop adaptors would accept an APC prop but others would not I got no reply. ( Sorted it myself after buying a prop reamer so no harm done.)

Personally, I think this is because Andy tries to do too much and cannot cope. If he had competent staff and learned to delegate more...

I reckon I'll be using them again - usually best prices and very prompt delivery.

Did someone in a differant thread mention that Robotbirds had taken over BRC?

Ian

Robotbirds will be at Weston Park this weekend. Worth going, as most of the Uk's traders will be there, and the chance to put faces to names.

Bought stuff off them before, only at trade shows. Quite experianced, as not knowing much about elec scene, just told them what I'd got, and sorted all the stuff out. Only problem is one has to pay for it all... Oh,well. angel 2

I was less than impressed with their lack of response to a complaint. I was acting on behalf of a clubmate whose model's wings clapped hands on the first flight as I looped it - when I checked, the wing joiner was made from liteply and had sheared in line with the fuselage to wing joint. Response to several emails was zero but the model's owner decided he couldn't be bothered to take it any further after getting no joy either when he phoned them.

My particular interest was that I was test flying it for him and certainly didn't do any manouevre that I wouldn't expect a supposed aerobatic model (Extra) should be capable of.

I appreciate there may be two sides to any story but it would have, at least, been nice to have heard their viewpoint!

Based on this I certainly don't intend to do any business with them.

• 4 years later...