Pink plane

Gerry Smyth

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you would be able to help me find a pink plane ( No its not for me). the thing is I have been talking my daughter flying with me for a few months and she's been asking if Santa could bring her a, you guessed it a pink plane.
She's been flying a silverlit jet thing and loves it, I was thinking of electric foamie type .
Gerry

Advert

Hi again , thanks for the quick repelys fellas .
Gary. I know how lucky I am this is the youngest of three kids and like you I tried to get the other two in to rc but no luck , when I was there age I would have bitten my dad's hand off to have a go .
Adam.I never thought of a flyingwing although the aerosonic seems very small @ 500mm and mite be a bit  fast for her ( I mite let her fly my zaggi with the throw's cut back) .
birdy. lol, one thing I don't need is another model to build or cover at the min , still fixing a 1/4 scale moth and hope to start a balsa usa  pup after xmas.
I think my last resort is to buy a trainer and recover it in Pink .
 Gerry

Hi Gerry,

I seem to remember that there was once a pink spitfire. I think it was used for high level photographic work

I'd get a can of pink spray and get to work on a trainer. If the finish is glossy, you might need to treat  the covering to get the paint to stick

ernie 

You could take a look at my Multiplex Gemini "Sheila's Wings" in my photo album.  I used pink fablon for the underside for the benefit of the cute little "sheila" doll I put in the pilot's seat!

Maybe the Gemini would be a bit of a handful for your young daughter, but the fablon idea could be used on any white foam model.

My wife made a Guillows Rubber-powered Grumman Hellcat  a few years ago and insisted on covering it with pink tissue - very girlie!

Hi all
Thank's for the replies, I have been talking to a few members about my Pink problem at our club on Sunday . Some of them were telling me that the pink would blend into sky and that was the reason that the Spitfire that Ernie had spoken about was pink.
Our club swapmeet in coming up in few weeks so I hope to get a trainer there, then I will have to sort out a colour scheme that will look girly pink and also stand out in the sky.
Just one more thing depending on the covering, (say profilm) what would be the best thing to use as a primer before painting .
Gerry

Hi Gerry,
I repainted a seagull Sea Fury that was film covered. I gently rubbed it all with a green scotchbrite pad until all the gloss was gone, the paint has stuck really well and even masking tape failed to lift the paint. Beware primer/surface etching products, some work on solarfilm but not on Profilm.

I remember a friend built a rather lovely Reeves 1/6 Spit back in Bristol in the late 70's and did it PR Pink, it was different, but not really Spit like to me.

Cheers
Danny

• 3 months later...

Hi All>>

Just a quick up date and a photo of Katie’s  Pink plane.>>

I bought a second hand trainer at our club swapmeet in November recovered some of the film that was torn, sand the entire plane (very carefully so not to damage anything).>>

Then i got a tin of spray primer from B&Q and a few tins of Fluorescent pink spray also, not for getting sliver spray glitter then went to work.>>

Its hard enough trying to hide a new model from the missus but a bright Pink on from the kids and get painted the put to gather was a night mare.>>

katies plane

Thanks for your help and  happy Christmas & a happy new year>>

Hope she likes it... Gerry>>

Edited By Gerry Smyth on 24/12/2009 15:47:52

Edited By Gerry Smyth on 24/12/2009 15:50:13

Edited By Gerry Smyth on 24/12/2009 15:50:53

Sorry for not getting back sooner i have been up to my eyes with xmas and other things,>>

But I was able to get out flying yesterday; unfortunately Katie has a bit of a cold and had to stay home.>>

As for the Pink not standing out in the sky all I can say is that it's hard to miss, I have took a few pic's but the batteries packed in on my camera after three pics

Heres a few pics just before  the test flight..
Sorry for the quality (camera phone).

Although it was blowing a gale and just above frizzing i had more>>

than that to put up with, One of the sites that I fly from also is used as a polo field (runway like a snooker table and bigger than any football pitch  ) ,from time to time  the landlord keeps this ponies at the site but they usually stay faraway from us but as you can see they must have gotten lonely ..>>
and yes that is panic on my face..
Ton the Curtiss P40 looks class
Gerry
>>

Edited By Gerry Smyth on 28/12/2009 18:33:35

Edited By Gerry Smyth on 28/12/2009 18:34:29