Building the Nijhuis Lysander

the side view on the plan is of the left side, i took an engineers square across and got a latitudinal line then measured the formers back from them. it is rather complicated i have to say!

Got a remote glow plug for the lizzie, i love bringing bits home, a great enthusiasm builder! gonna have a sprung loaded hatch to get to it, also maybe the fuel filler. need a tidy up on the bench to start building the wings, wanna get the servos soon so i have an idea of what the servo system will be

I had all the servos laid out on the board the other day in their relative positions so that I could get all the mixing sorted out. I'm a bit concerned about those two lengths of carbon rod interfering with with 2.4GHz Rx I'm planning to use though. I did notice that Tony N was using 35 meg on his model but I don't really want to blow the dust off my 35 meg gear if I don't need to!

Doug,      I do not think there will be a problem, but at the moment I haven't made up my mind betweem 35 or 2.4  All my models are now electric , and models of this size I have no trouble with 35 , I just keep my RX away from the spikey bits,

A pal did have a problem flying a Katana with a small Spektrum single RX,(AR6000), the trouble was the Katana  has  a fair amount of carbon thoughout the model, but when changing to the  AR7000 RX  (the double RX) he was glitch free, and has been ever since.

My gripe, my  DX7 it is no dedicated variable flap control, hand book shows one, but  on mine it is a retract switch.

My Beaver with a Dx6i has the same problem, Peter. I have the usual dualaileron setup on two servos and a pair of servos for the flaps, using the gear channel and running through a Turnigy servo slow (which acts as a y-lead as well as slowing the flaps). You can adjust the EPA to get the amount of flap you need. It's always going to be a compromise.

Pete

Edited By Pete B on 16/11/2009 00:14:07

Terry,
I have glued F1 F2 and F3 to the inner box.   ihave all the other formers ready and they are on the fuselage but not glued.The ends of the box are glued together and drying.  I am following yuor advice and trying to clamp in position and make sure the struts fit before i glue them in.

I have matched F1,2,3 to the plans and they seem to be in correct place.

I am however having trouble working out how best to clamp the rest and still be able to test fit a couple of spars. I have the markings on the box side taken from the plan before gluing but because the plan is 2-D its sometimes a bit hard to judge whether they are correct on both sides. How did you clamp yours. I have 4 of those adjustable clamps and about 8 small spring clamps. got pins so i suppose  i could use them.

I will try and post a picture soon but have just upgraded to windows 7 and office 2007 so still getting used to the laptop again and making sure everything still works. amazing what needs upgrading . whoops off the topic.

jim

Edited By rookie jim on 19/11/2009 22:41:58