A Certificate Vote

Advert

Recounting, there must be an error in my math!
Edited By Clive Matthews on 20/10/2009 09:09:23

OK votes so far,
   4 votes option 1, A cert required to fly solo but may fly other types solo
   37 votes option 2, A cert not required to fly solo if flyer safe
  19 votes option 3, A cert required to fly solo for each type of model ie heli, FW etc.

Phew, I may have avoided a lynching there!

Edited By Clive Matthews on 20/10/2009 09:16:19

Edited By Clive Matthews on 20/10/2009 09:16:44

Edited By Clive Matthews on 20/10/2009 09:17:43

I assumed you meant by law so voted 2. 

I was waiting to see what conclusions you drew from the straw poll before commenting but now that people are starting to comment, draw conclusions and possibly influence the voting, it is no longer valid and I will withdraw my vote please.

Edited By Martin Harris on 20/10/2009 13:45:48

Martin,

I agree. I had thought that it might be unreasonable to clarify after people had voted. As you have demonstrated, changing your vote is a possibility and I promise to be vigilant to this. So I will clarify the meaning intended;

The vote was never intended to reflect a situation which does not exist ie. 'By Law'
   The vote was intended to reflect the existing situation whereby clubs under BMFA  guidance decide to make the rule that solo flyers must hold an A cert.

If I word it as follows, I hope the vote meets with general acceptance. I must reiterate, this is not intended to affect or influence policy and is just for fun. It will however give an idea of the general feeling.

In order to fly at any BMFA club site, should an A certificate be held.
   Yes - Indicate 1 in your response. Can fly any discipline with any A
   No - Indicate 2 in your response. Must be safe but A not compulsory.
   Yes, for each discipline (ie. fixed wing, heli and silent) Indicate 3 in your response. In other words an 'A' for each type.

Trouble is you have now changed the criteria and this in turn means some folk may have voted a different way. It is not possible for members to change what they have posted after someone else has posted after them....and I am sure as heck not going to accept requests from people to edit the post for them, as this would take too long, and also could be misinterpreted. I have however deleted Martins post as requested.

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 20/10/2009 15:15:19

Yes well you also made it clear how you wanted the vote to go. Rip the lot off! It was only supposed to be an indicator anyway.

I had made it clear that I had accepted and deleted the accounting of Martin's vote and that I would amend the total similarly for others who felt that they were in the same position.

I have not changed the criteria at all. The problem may have been that I hadn't made it crystal clear in the first place. When the problem was highlighted, twice, I tried to respond in a fair and reasonable manner. As the situation of legal enforcement doesn't exist, I had not considered it as being in peoples minds.

It does seem to me that no matter how hard I try to be fair and even minded, opposing the so called accepted view lands me into bother.

Voting over - conclusion void!