Habu EDF jet

Tim Mackey

I reckon thats a good looking new toy .

Is this a departure from the norm for Parkzone - I tend to think of the Vapor and other small indoor stuff from them.

I suppose we have no idea on price yet  do we? This will be the big factor on how well it does - especially as they include a 4s Lipo battery and charger which is unusual for amodel of this size

Advert

Yeah i've posted a video of this baby flying on YouTube and it does look every bit as good in the air as it does on the ground,but the price does seem a bit up there to me and for that reason i don't think she will be in my hanger any time soon  but you never know it might come down a bit after a few months,i tryed to post a video but i got it wrong so here is a link to the video instead just incase anyone wants to see her flying.

Edited By Startazz No1 on 30/10/2009 12:07:47

The RRP is high, however, unusually for Parkzone, it's all well branded E-Flite components rather than some of the cheaper bits they usually bundle in, so at least you know you've got good parts.  You could also then transfer these to another airframe.

I've just placed an order for my first jet, in the shape of the Phase 3 Squall.  I think i'm slightly scared.

Posted by Jonathan Lewzey on 29/10/2009 22:45:53:
just noticed the swift has swept flying surfaces. the habu doesn't.

and paddy, there are so many spitfires - won't the flying legends one or any number of electric conversions do?

Edited By Jonathan Lewzey on 29/10/2009 22:47:30

I suppose, but I just love parkzone quality!

For those prices a Lander mig 15 would be my choice of edf, but yet again, fly fly makes bigger edf jets and they have presance and some scale, why another small edf..

90mm edf has become affordable, why another 70mm at these prices?

Shoot me down but I have a few edf models, lander panther,f-16, flyfly hawk all on 4-6s setups and the bigger edf is better!!!!!!!!!

90+ fan size

Posted by Paddy Fidling on 01/11/2009 21:43:11:
Posted by Jonathan Lewzey on 29/10/2009 22:45:53:
just noticed the swift has swept flying surfaces. the habu doesn't.

and paddy, there are so many spitfires - won't the flying legends one or any number of electric conversions do?

Edited By Jonathan Lewzey on 29/10/2009 22:47:30

I suppose, but I just love parkzone quality!

i always thought parkzone did cheap rather than quality! certainly with my aerobird and brushed mustang. on the other hand, i really like the ember which is more recent so maybe they've upped their game lately.

• 4 weeks later...
I did say originally that it seemed a bit pricey - but having seen now just how close this comes to be a true ARTF, and its clever modular assembly, I have to say I am impressed.
The only thing missing IMO is retracts....as things stand, it would be a hand launch for me, as Jets just look so naff with gear hanging down. Sure peeps will complain about the naff colours etc, but thats all a bit subjective so I say well done to them for producing a genuine ARTF.

• 7 months later...