Need a countdown timer

J.N.

I need a small countdown timer of around 30mins to fit/attach/stick onto my transmitter.  I have searched the internet but so far not found anything that I would want to use.   Does anyone know of a suitably small timer that would emit an audible warning when it has reached a dialled in time delay .
Thanks. "

Advert

I am the bloke who submitted the original request on a Count Down Timer and  considered the posting to be a sensible query.  To those comedians who poked fun and took a dismissive attitude, move over,  you have taken up more than 66% of the thread and contributed nothing.

Thanks to those who submitted a constructive reply however I still have not sourced a count down timer that is small enough to mount on the transmitter and gives an audible signal when the dialled elapsed time is reached.  I hope there is still someone out their  who can point me in the right
Pound Land is an  80ml round trip away,  I have tried a cooks timer but it is bulky and inadvertently pressing one of the keys will alter the setting.   Due to living at the back of beyond most of my model parts and equipment are supplied by mail order. 
Thanks

No need for that Jeff, a little friendly banter/humour goes a long way and none was at your expense, be grateful for the sensible suggestions made and smile with the others. 

When you say mount on the transmitter....where exactly do you mean? On the aerial? What transmitter do you use?  

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 04/12/2009 11:31:31

Hello Jeff

Im sorry you feel that way. There is nothing personal involved or intended at your expense. The people above are very experienced flyers and contribute 99% of the time very constructive and serious advice (hopefully myself included)  Ocasionally we like to have a bit of a laugh between ourselves. If you read many of the threads on this forum you will probably see the harmless banter between members and including the moderators.

If you cannot source a suitable timer to fit on your TX.  As I mentioned above - I sometimes cannot hear my timer on the spektrum TX especially when there are a lot of models flying or when my models are flying close. I have personally toyed with the idea of hanging a sports timer/Stopwatch (with a loud beeper) around my neck available almost anywhere. I have never got around to it yet - but it could be a serious option.

I hope this may help

Al