David Boddington

paulos

Hi all, it is with sadness to report that David is very ill, i will not go into too many details as yet to respect family and close friends of David & the man himself. David is at the moment on the cancer ward here in n,pton general undergoing treatment starting chemo this coming Friday ( Jan15th), however his close friend and ex colleague in his DB Kit days Dave Toyer has visited David and reports him to be in good spirits , as said in an earlier post last year i have not known David for long but he is one of those Guys that talks to you like he as known you for years, we will keep you all updated , please use this post for your best wishes and we will hopefully pass them all on to "boddo" and his family ,thinking of his lovely wife at this time.
With Thanks Paul Masters, O,gees MFC information officer.

Very sad to hear of 'Boddo's' illness. I have had dealings (not many) with David over many years,both personally ,and by mail or telephone,most recently with regard to his Boddo Mills' engines,and I have always found him to be a 100% genuine guy.Wishing him a speedy recovery,and best wishes to him and his family................Mal.

Boddo is the guy who inspired me through his writing, when I was 13 years old, to try to build a single channel SE5a - even though I couldn't afford the gear. It was a hopeless failure (all my fault!) - but it was great fun! And that was, oh gosh, 40 years ago!

We can't do it without you man, C'mon Boddo, this hobby needs your common sense and knowledge - here's expecting that you'll be back at the sharp end real soon!

BEB

I have read David's books and articles avidly over the years. I learnt to fly on a DB Tyro. So when he came over to ask about my model at a Flair open day a few years ago I felt like I was being approached by royalty. In fact he was a super down to earth guy who was so easy to talk to he could have been a member of my own club. Super chap. Get well soon.

C'mon Boddo !
Never met you but you changed my life in a way . I will never forget an article you wrote years ago (skiffle era ) about " if you've nothing better to do with your life (other than creating flying machines) you'll probably end up playing a guitar. Guess what ? I did both !
I know you'll pull through - I too have had the big C still fighting it & am still here .
Myron

David I've never met you but I've enjoyed reading your articles over the years. Especially enjoyed your memories of the World Aerobatics Championships at Hullavingon. I was there in the crowd as a young 18 year old who had just left school. My love of aeroplanes and watching Neil Williams, Manx Kelly and the Rothman's team and of course the Barnstormers- flying backwards at Barton Aerodrome. Great memories.

All the best and keep your spirits high.