I hope it won't be a procession all year.........

Pete B

Turn the grid round after every race, the winner goes to the back, as in Stock car racing. And (lots of) points for the fastest lap in practice and in the race (no qualifying needed after day 1), then you will see some fierce competition and overtaking..

Advert

Well if you go back far enough (1.5 litre days) there were no pit stops allowed. The car rules were a lot simpler (remember the six wheelers!) but in reality it still tended to be rather boring. Slow at the beginning with heavy cars and not much faster at the end as the tyres had degraded.
Sounds familiar? 

Yup, I was another one who tried to keep faith and left the flying to watch.......what................ a tedious, boring, total lack of spectacle.

Something REALLY basically wrong when top teams spending millions and millions arrive at the first race of the season without an effective car. (Unless it seems they cut off development half way through the previous year!!)

And......if the BBC allow DC to plug Red Bull one more time, I'm out for good.

At least there's NASCAR........................

Eric and others have a sensible idea in my opinion, limit wings/diffusers.

What is truly disturbing, is that most teams have developed new cars which are already within a whisker of each other in lap times. By the end of the season, what will have really changed.

It would not surprise me if the rules only allowed 1.2l motor (the present V8 cut in half), but allow unrestricted development, they till get up to the mid 160mph. The slower speeds, with a lack of wing, would mean that straights would be long enough to overtake.

Unfortunately nothing can be done this year, to much money and time have been spent. For F1 to survive it has to recognise the commercial interests of the car makers (Renault, Mercedes,) as well as the sponsors. Yet so many have left, Honda, Toyota, BMW, the list is almost endless. We all agree change is needed, does any one recognise that we are also necessary?

Erfolg

To think I missed our 2 hour Sunday flying slot to see this boring race!

One good thing was they did not waste champagne which 95 percent of the viewers cannot afford to drink let alone waste in childish antics. ( it was fizzy water this week! )

For an explanation of why all this is so read the book ' Bernie Ecclestone King of Sport ' by Terry Lovell.   This explains the financial ********** behind the 'sport'

i dont care how much they spend when has F1 ever been about cutting costs even decades back it was vastly expensive (relatively) to run in F1 i do not care how much it cosst what i want is white knuckle racing stop changing the rules every 5 mins and let them race, why do we need car manufacturers???  garbage if the racing is top notch then people will watch it and the spensorship will flow, there are enough big companys out there that will pay throught the nose for advertising if it gets enough publicity stuff the car companies they are rubbish anyway make it a proper racing show again and people will watch in droves and then the contructors will have loads of sponsors and hench loads of money to waste, give the people back what they want wheel to wheel racing
As for BE dont belive a word that little imp writes or says, there is only one person Bernie looks out for and thats Bernie, a firm supporter of Max Mosley soon stabbed him in the back when he realised the teams were serious about an alternative series, hench max has gone and bernie is still there coining it in.

Sick isn't it !  I used to enjoy F1 too .I'll give it one more go now they've had their first go's at the new rules. Too many rules and regs AGAIN. Ah well -Back to poor old David Beckham -Seems to be all over tjhe news at the moment ! I feel so sorry for him How will he cope . Then again I'm in a state of elation 'cos I now have all the balsa wood I'll ever need to make me happy for a few quid !
G-umpy (as usual )

Working for one of the teams as i do, even i tend to agree that Bahrain wasn't exactly riviting but then it usually is if you remember..I'm going to wait until we've been to Melbourne and Malaysia in a couple of weeks and things have settled down a bit, then i think we could start to see thngs come alive some more. (he says with his fingers crossed). As far as Beckham goes i heard it could be several weeks before he can carry out any more modelling and promotional activity...so sad!.

Posted by Reg 1 on 16/03/2010 16:12:31:
IF you want to see Good Racing watch MOTO GP
 wheel to wheel racing from start to finish !

Can't disagree with that, Reg - not sure my ticker can last a whole race, though

Pete