Return of the Hill Top Posse

Advert

Ken - yep, got a PM from Enrico this morning - basically saying conditions weren't looking good for today. Which, at the time, they weren't!

But things improved early in the afternoon and I headed out to the bay around 2-ish. There was just me and the seagulls flying... I tried teaching the gulls to loop, but they weren't interested. I think they're a bit too accustomed to you lot and your strange flying machines to take much notice any more. After about half an hour, with frozen fingers, I landed and headed back to base.

I returned to the bay later in the afternoon but the wind had gone... I called Pat - he said he'd just left and you + others had been scratching around in weak lift before giving up.

Back to the SE tomorrow afternoon via the "new" Tyne Tunnel - I'll next be back probably around Easter/May bank hol(s)

sorry things didn't work out for us john......i went by the sea front/cliffs this afternoon and the wind guru(enrico)was there i could see his horse tied up...like i say he is Mr glider.....shows what can be achieved in such a short time in this country......allthough to be fair he could fly a bit when he got here.....

ken anderson ne..1.

yesterday(tues)..we were at our club site.....nice day for power flying with only a slight breeze.........one of the older lads lost his limbo dancer in the top of a tree and we went off to rescue it with him........(i) young kenny was the only one capable of climbing the tree as enrico and craig's climbing day's are over...we got the limbo dancer down..minus it's tail.......enrico was cursing that he didn't have his camera to record the climb.....and last night i was still getting 'twigg's' out of my clothes.......

ken anderson ne..1.

your right david.........i'll be meeting up with the med 'branch' of the HTP in a few week's to check up that he is running things over there to the standards we set......no sign of enrico today.......last seen him on tues-he was full of cold........our northern hemisphere way of living is taking it's toll on him....Shame.....

ken anderson ne..1.

I do wish we had a camera yesterday to capture Kenneth's antics up the tree. It was the best day so far (flying wise)this year

Mind you David, he is recalling yesterday with rose tinted glasses. When I arrived he had produced his his own built pushy cat. I passed comment to the posse that it looked a bit ropey and past its best really.........(the model not Ken).

Never mind the flight commenced...and then 5 seconds into the flight it all went pear shaped.... props / prop drivers were flying all over the place......

All due credit though he did well to get it back down in one piece..

Posted by ken anderson. on 02/03/2011 19:07:08:
yesterday(tues)..we were at our club site.....nice day for power flying with only a slight breeze.........one of the older lads lost his limbo dancer in the top of a tree and we went off to rescue it with him........(i) young kenny was the only one capable of climbing the tree as enrico and craig's climbing day's are over...we got the limbo dancer down..minus it's tail.......enrico was cursing that he didn't have his camera to record the climb.....and last night i was still getting 'twigg's' out of my clothes.......

ken anderson ne..1.

I was on my tod sloping the EGlider over the cliffs at Seaton Sluice in a light easterly . Very relaxing.

more carnage to report........the little lad himself(enrico) has just been to my place to fill in an accident report yesterday he had a model meet's ground moment.......with his m/plex acromaster.......his words... "there was bit's all over"......

he is now in the process of putting the foam jigsaw back together......

keep it to yourselve's for now.....

ken anderson ne...1.

a week ago this was the result of a mid-air between enrico(the foreign lad's)model and mine...tonight i was around at his 'shack'...to collect him - to take him to get some spares for another wreck of his.....and he showed me the repaired wing..of his(pike)...the blue and white one in the photo....couldn't believe my eyes...he has made a fantastic job......hopefully he'll put a photo on here.... for all to see....

ken anderson ne....1.

more carnage at collywell bay to report about today......the HTP were there enjoying a fair afternoon...not a lot of wind but enough for the occasional sortie....half way through the afternoon two 'speedos' ..gave each other a kiss(of death) and headed for the sea....two lad's joined the 'rock lobster' club...managed to get them back..and amazingly the damage was minimal and they flew again......enrico(the superglue kid)......who this time was an innocent bystander has some photo's to verify the story.......

ken anderson ne...1.