Wing-walking with a twist.

Tim Hooper

Advert

I am sure that the method statement and Safety assessment were not fully compliant.. Were all aspects of  the Health and Safety legislation adhered to.

Did it any one consider the consequences if he had dropped his butties, or landed in the wrong place and was forced to walk an excessive distance. If it was the Lake District, was it an appropriate use of a National Park, detracting from the silent solitude.

Send in the health and safety inspectors.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erfolg

By the way these guys are the Blanix team A - specialized on mirror acrobatic flights. Saw them last August in Dobersberg. Flying amazingly close to each other.

About health and safety - I am pretty sure thevideo has been taken at Aigen im Ennstal - so the guy is 100% landing at he glider airport there and not breaking any h&s laws (don't think Austrians are that liberal  - lived there my first 40 years...)
va

Edited By Vecchio Austriaco on 17/04/2010 20:58:11

About the age of the planes: Yes - they are still the old aluminium design.
I translated the information about the planes from their website:

LET Blanik L 13

Originally built in former Chechoslovakia as flight trainer for the eastern block armies the L13 developed to be the glider being built in largest number all over the world.

The two planes used here have been manufactured 1972 and 1965. Excellent flying properties and robustness of this aluminium built two seat glider allow a wide spectrum of use from training of beginners up to aerobatic flight. Both planes are situated at the military airport Aigen/Ennstal and are registered as OE-0758 and OE-0739 in the Austrian aircraft register.
About the size:

(sorry - German)
VA

Edited By Vecchio Austriaco on 18/04/2010 11:22:47

Edited By Vecchio Austriaco on 18/04/2010 11:23:54

• 2 weeks later...