Pics while model flying around the world this weekend

Advert

Sorry to see that, Josip - it looks really grim. I hope all in the village are safe and there isn't too much damage or loss

Unfortunately, the guys above beat me to the floatplane gag........

Yesterday's blustery winds here in the Lot eased a bit today but there is definitely an autumnal chill in the air and the temperature just about reached 16C - although it felt much colder

As so many north of here seem to have had their flying curtailed over the weekend by the weather and self-inflicted injuries() I'll put up a few more of today's session with the Beaver:

Pete

Edited By Pete B on 26/09/2010 19:54:00

Bad news about the flooding Jo - I hope that people's homes are not affected?

Looks like this excellent idea has been a little scuppered by a combination of the weather, technical gremlins and forumites deciding to work on powered machinery with the gaurds removed (go and sit on the naughty step Martin ).

But as I say I think the idea is great. How about we try again - but perhaps next June or so? In fact as some one said above it would be interesting as an annual event - serving to document the development of trends in club flying and hopfully helping to remind us that that we do occassionally have a summer!

BEB

Another diappointing day at the patch,arrived after 10 am no one there.Flew my Fun Cub but the wind was all over the place and unpredictable.then Andy and Bill arrived,with an Acrowot,had 1 flight struggled to lad but managed it and left." 2nd flight with the Fun cub and Peter and John arrived.By this time I was huddled in my chair,decided that a hot lunch and the Grand Prix were calling so I wenr home,.

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother on 26/09/2010 21:51:17:
Bad news about the flooding Jo - I hope that people's homes are not affected?

Looks like this excellent idea has been a little scuppered by a combination of the weather, technical gremlins and forumites deciding to work on powered machinery with the gaurds removed (go and sit on the naughty step Martin ).

But as I say I think the idea is great. How about we try again - but perhaps next June or so? In fact as some one said above it would be interesting as an annual event - serving to document the development of trends in club flying and hopfully helping to remind us that that we do occassionally have a summer!

BEB

Thanks BEB and many thanks to all, looks like Dubai (what a fantastic facility!), France and Serbia were the places to be, some great and interesting pics from all over though and yes, a better weekend next summer is in order - we'll do it again.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 27/09/2010 08:01:00

Finally sorted out the problem with the uploads. Heres a couple taken Sunday at Gaer Park MFC South Wales.

Some of you will remember these two, Keith Pyrah and Doug Jefferys from the November ( I think ) issue where they had they're Piper Super Cruiser. This is the newest addition to they're hanger , a scratch built Luscombe as seen at the Luscome open day at Oaksey Park a few weeks back.

And Steve doing what he does best.

And young Terry with one of the best models for your money  -  A Stik!!! 

Phil 

Went out to the club on Sunday but the wind was really pumping. Only 3 or 4 planes there. The one in the pic is virtually stationary next to the pilot. No good for smaller planes though.
At least you can see what our field is like.

Barnstormers, Kempton Park, South Africa.

Richard "Hanging" in the wind.

Model assembly area

Parking Area. That,s my car in the foreground.

From the pits

Clubhouse & pits

Next time I hope the conditions are better.

Robin in SA

We UK slope fans had no problems with the windy weather, and myself and the iawnski crew enjoyed a superb 4 day session on the magnificent Lleyn peninsular courtesy of the Lleyn Mode Aero Club annual bring and fly.
A couple or three pictures ...more to follow from the gang I am sure.
The hardy Nottingham gang brought their familiar flying bedstead contraption...actually a wooden dowel and string model carrying rack, just to be sure they have the right model for the conditions. This was carried up every big slope and cliff on each day, in strong winds, and miraculously stayed together. Great fun combatting with these lads, and pleased to report that the Welsh contingency were well and truly victorious across the weekends event. Mind you Simon wins the hardiness prize for wearing just jeans and a cotton shirt on every day - made me bloomin' freeze just to look at him!

Iawnski crew boss kevin eyes up my CS Falcon - but fails to get it to bind to his tx

And here he is praying that nobody spotted this landing attempt- check out that view.

"Dangerous" Davies hurls le fish EPP machine out over the cliffs

Kev keeps an eye on the crews latest recruit Paul"digitup" Vernon as he tries the lift out.
The sweeping golden bay of hells mouth in the background.

And just a couple more of the beautiful surroundings we coastal slopers enjoy over here in North Wales.

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 27/09/2010 11:21:11

Also I could finally upload the pictures and here we are.

Saturday was a day of heavy rainfall with strong wind, so no photos to be shown.

But Sunday was a perfect day. As you can see there is already some snow in the alps, a first sign that the winter is not so far away.

This Sunday our club celebrated the official closure of the season with a limbo flight competition.

Already at 0900 a lot of people were present.

The organisation was perfect as always, even breakfast with fresh made espresso was served before the briefing. Not to forget the brioches from Christianos bakery.

Our president Adriano had to work as judge

The rules were the following – you have to fly below a string which has been installed 2m above the airstrip, the number of passes within 5 minutes gave the number of points. Sounds easy, but as we see in the pictures it wasn’t that easy.

Alberto opened the competition- but his war bird went into the string and crashed

Next to the airstrip some corn is growing, which had some magnetic force – several planes went into it.

Here you can see Siro and Claudio harvesting a Calmato...

Silvio made it better - he 'parked' his little electric plane on the outside of the cornfield

Also the string – red wool with some plastic warning tape on – easy to tear –– was magnetic. Several planes went into it, the lighter ones crashed or got into difficulties, the heavier ones took the wool with them.  

Number 4 removing the wool after a direct hit of the string

Also number 5 caght a bit of the wool - look at the prop

Everybody tried its best; we saw different planes and different styles. From rather slow
(Easy glider electric)

to very fast. Franco made some high speed points

As it looks my posting was too long - so I

Ala Lecco's closure of the season - part 2

It was the day of the Yak 54s today, the winner was Stefano, he managed 29 points with his electric 100cm Yak 54

The winner

The second Yak54 flown by Gerhard (better known as Vecchio Austriaco to the forum readers)

Its a slightly bigger version – 110cm electric. I had my lucky day, got 20 points and finished as second in the competition.

The best show flight was presented by Siro - he aimed very well ...

and finally caught the complete line with his undercarriage...

and showed some banner towing

At the end we had a price draw - and so a wonderfull season at ALA Lecco has been closed officially. (This is just the official  act - they all fly during winter as well...) 

If you would like to see more of this event  - have a look at my albums - click here.
And if you still want to see more about this club - ALA has also a website. It's in Italian - but I think you will find your way to the picture and video gallery. 

Edited By Vecchio Austriaco on 27/09/2010 12:29:18

Posted by Robin Coombs on 27/09/2010 10:24:31:
Went out to the club on Sunday but the wind was really pumping. Only 3 or 4 planes there. The one in the pic is virtually stationary next to the pilot. No good for smaller planes though.
At least you can see what our field is like.

Barnstormers, Kempton Park, South Africa.

Robin in SA

Where's the Castle tent?