flashing red and green lights on TX

r6dan

My TX seems to have stopped working and is now flashing red and green LED`s on the back,has anyone else had this problem?
`tis a bit of a pain as A,all my trim settings have now gone and B, I can`t fly
The chap from the LMS has sent it back to Ripmax so they can have a looky see,hope I get a new one soon

Is this better? 

Advert

Ooooohhh! That doesn't sound good does it? Not a problem I've seen. I've had 4 Futaba trannies in my time and to be honest I don't think I've ever taken any notice of any LED's on the back!

On the plus side I can say that my, limited, experience of Ripmax has been positive. On the rare occassion I've had a rx go back (usually for checking after I've stuffed the model it was in into the ground at great speed - like the time I tried to "pull" out of the bottom of a bunt!) Ripmax have always been quick and efficient. So Fingers crossed!

BEB

If it is that new then you should have insisted on a replacement or your money back from the shop.   Assuming it was clearly not  due to misuse or damage.  Personally I would not accept a repaired item, in the circumstances, for future reliability.
( sure enough there are leds on the back of a 2.4ghz Tx- where the crystal would have been on 35 mhz )

Edited By kc on 20/10/2010 18:44:40

The red & green LED's are deep inside the case and not easily seen on the 6EXA 2.4 They showed up better ( unlit ) when directly underneath a lamp last night, but today in sunlight they are hardly visible, but there underneath the unused crystal holder area.  It is a TX made for 35 as well as 2.4
The LED's are used when linking / binding to the Rx to indicate when a signal is sent.

Edited By kc on 21/10/2010 11:00:06

Posted by kc on 21/10/2010 10:56:48:
The LED's are used when linking / binding to the Rx to indicate when a signal is sent.

Edited By kc on 21/10/2010 11:00:06

Ah, that would explain it. The 8FG displays that info on the LCD display - cos they are definately not there on that Tx - even under a lamp!

BEB

• 2 weeks later...
Well...I got a new TX off the LMC after the jokers at Rip Max sent mine on an around the country trip for nearly 2 weeks ,yay! Then today I decided to run in a new engine for the Acro Wot ready for the weekend and guess Wot...another TX died as I turned it on,this time I noticed a burning smell straight away as I was in the conservatory out of the wind and then flashing red and green lights on the back.I really wish I got spektrum instead of the over priced rubbish futaba makes
I have just sent Futaba an angry mail...Rip Max don`t seem to have an email address,must be to stop it getting full of complaints! 

Edited By r6Dan on 04/11/2010 19:55:14

r6Dan
I can assure you that Futaba gear is not rubbish .I've used it since it first came out & have never had a problem ( touches wood)  You say you had flashing red & green lights .With my Tx on and then switch on the Rx the Rx red LED lights for less than a second then goes green .If I switch off the Tx the LED goes red until I switch on the transmitter again which takes about a second & a half to re-bind  No LEDs in the transmitter T6EX

Posted by Myron Beaumont on 04/11/2010 20:04:19:
r6Dan
I can assure you that Futaba gear is not rubbish .I've used it since it first came out & have never had a problem ( touches wood)  You say you had flashing red & green lights .With my Tx on and then switch on the Rx the Rx red LED lights for less than a second then goes green .If I switch off the Tx the LED goes red until I switch on the transmitter again which takes about a second & a half to re-bind  No LEDs in the transmitter T6EX

I am just posting from what I have experienced,in my book if 2 products that are the same fail after  having about 3 hours use and the second one about 2 mins use must be rubbish,no questions asked really.

The one I have does the sames as you say but when the lights flash it means it is goosed! 
The T6EX has LED`s in place of where the crystal would  be on the back.

I've always used Futaba - can't claim to go back quite as far as Eric. I started with a Futaba 6 channel set I can't even remember the name of now. Then I got a Skysport 6, then bought a second one. Still have these two and use them on Pheonix and sometimes with a buddy lead for instruction! I've had a FF9 and now I have a 8FG. I can honestly say I've never had a radio problem I could lay at Futaba's door. All my problems have been "self inflicted"!

I think the reliability of all the big name brands of radio gear is outstanding these days. You have to be very unlucky to have experienced multiple faults. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but its certianly not common. And I don't think I could in fairness describe any of the major players of supplying "rubbish" equipment.

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother on 05/11/2010 13:28:54

R6Dan
Email contact for Ripmax:
[email protected]
Customer Service Manager
I had a technical issue a while back with a transmitter and he was first class at getting it resolved.
As BEB says I also think you have been extremely unlucky getting two sets with faults but to Ripmax's credit they did replace your first one through your LMS and I suspect if this unit is found to be faulty they will instruct your LMS to replace that one too.

Dave

Edited By David McMullan on 05/11/2010 20:40:52

Cheers fellers,I may have been a bit hasty in saying they are rubbish I was just annoyed at having it happen twice in one week!
Lets see what Ripmax say before I really go off on one!! 

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 05/11/2010 21:35:20

Well I will be singing their praise if they come up with the goods,as I am now jobless so i cant buy another 

Did you actually get a new TX?  If exactly the same thing happened it seems likely the same old TX was returned to you after 'fixing'    Check the serial number with the one on the box ( a little Ripmax sticker on the box end )  Methinks there may be some LHS jiggery pokery!  
In any case reject the whole set as unsatisfactory and demand your money back.  Then get another 6EX 2.4 they are normally very reliable like all Futaba.  See your local Trading Standards Dept if there is any quibble....you are within your rights to reject.
All this assumes you did nothing daft that could cause a problem yourself.   Did you or the shop change the mode- (throttle ratchet ) ?  Ensure the Receiver is changed too just in case it is faulty and affecting the Tx during binding. Also double check the Tx is really faulty!

Edited By kc on 06/11/2010 00:41:14

Edited By kc on 06/11/2010 00:46:43

Posted by r6Dan on 20/10/2010 05:10:16:

all my trim settings have now gone

Ah, yes, but............. if you had read the manual, in the rear, pages 36 and 37, there are nice charts for you to record all the settings for posterity.

I have five 6EX's, two 2.4's.  (and a 10CG and a DX6i)  The ONLY faults on the 6EX's I have had is the rare but annoying tendency for, on one Tx only, for the pots to get HR, resulting in glitching on that movement at end of travel...............but with the battery out, a quick squirt of non-residue contact cleaner into the pot and a quick wriggle solves that for six/nine months or so heavy use.

In use they have all been brutally reliable.

Posted by Bravedan on 06/11/2010 08:09:08:
Re: 6EX 2.4GHz Tx Lights and their purpose..................

You lot crack me up.....................try reading before writing 

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS READ MANUAL!!! 

Page 9, for a start!!!!

would you like to expand on your post? page 9 has been read.I don`t quite understand what you are trying to get accross 

Edited By r6Dan on 06/11/2010 08:59:11