Bit Cold Out--How much Flying are You Getting In

I'm no subscriber to the whole global warming thing, but there is something going on with the weather lately!

Today's supposed to be the first day of summer here in Newcastle, Australia (just north of Sydney) but it's rained all day and didn't even get past 20 celsius! It should be 28 degrees and light onshore breezes this time of year!  It's just rude... 

Some scientists do say the next big thing in the natural cycle of weather patterns is an ice age. Perhaps it's started this week!

Shaun.

Advert

Dunno why everyones complaing, I've just been out with my Fournier RF4D testing FPV stuff, nice gentle breeze, 15 min airborne, then a few aerobatics with the Edge and broke the heli blades, normal sorta day.

Going to launch the DG1000 glider this afternoon for a gentle fly around then pop into club house for some heli repairs and maybe sim time. Just a normal day.....

Lee

as can be seen in the photo here-----we are also suffering with this global warming.....today it's even more unbearable.....-02c....i wonder when it's going to let up...so as the lad's can go to the cliff's with just their vest's on........last i heard was 'enrico' the foreign lad was sitting in the freezer to cool down......

ken anderson    ne..1.....global temp watch/north...

Over a foot of snow here now in Belper.....more than I've seen for many years. Flying is definitely on hold for now.

Don 

Just looked out the window and  the snow has arrived peoperly here in Hampshire.Think I brought the wrong car home last night--OOps might not be able to get out of oue cul de sac in the morning.Its slightly up hill on the way out,so may have to do a fair bit of shoveling first to give myself a bit of a start

Hi All,

Light snow all day yesterday and most of the night . The night before last it was minus 11 in the next village according to the news. Just checked the remote on the weather station and it's minus 3 in the shed now so the heaters going on and off to fettle the cub. Might ring Justin at Puncy's to see if he's got my floats yet.

Chris.

A neighbour has a white van man deliver parcels for him to deliver every morning.This morning I was out clearing snow when he arrived.We ar slightly up hill on the way out,and of course the van was stuck.Out with the shovel clear a straight line,get some neighbours out to help push with my son,van man is soon gratefully on his way.Where is the neighbour who had the delivery so he can earn a days wages,NO where to be seen,thats the spirit mate. 

I hate to tempt fate - or steal any of Kiwi's "high ground" - but we've got off very lightly here in the North West so far. We had a light dusting of snow a few days ago - a few millimteres, no more. Daytime temps of only 1C max, and night time lows of -4C, have meant that it has stayed around - and powdery - the humidity is very low so its dry. Nothing like what you guys on the east side of the country are getting.

BEB

I went flying yesterday with my Nikko, I-plane, a supposedly indoor type.

I often fly it in the park behind our house (with indoor types). Being controlled by differential motor power, I often end up on the 9 hole golf course. It flies surprisingly well, in summer thermalling, where the lack of fine control means that trees threaten.

Anyway yesterday, was fine. That is until my wife dragged me of for a walk along the nearby brook. Nothing to see other than one lonely Heron. No tracks of any animals or even birds in the snow. Have they all hunkered down in there burrows and nests?

Was it worth it Hmmm, yes, I still would not go to the field, due mainly RC takes to long, tramping back and forth, that 20 minute flight is more misery than pleasure, where as the indoor 30second or minute flights, with the running about etc., is fun, even for an old codger (my wife does tell me I am not old yet).

I always miss the snow, I'm currently over in South Turkey, 24'C and no wind at all.

Glad I brought my Alfa Tempest MkV and Parkzone P-51, got a good hours flying in today although trying to keep an un-trimmed Tempest below tree height was a handfull !!

Had to keep it below tree height as this is a Turkish military airbase and I didn't want any F-16 pop up traffic

Not been above -4c here for a week I think. -8c at 10pm last night and went lower through the night. Supposed to warm up to about 0c to 2c over the weekend. Nevis Range Ski Centre opens on Saturday, earlier than expected due to very good conditions on the slopes. Best of all for them, the A82 from the South is open all the way to thier junction, and clear into the Centre.