So What did you get

Stephen Grigg

Advert

I have to admit that the only presents opened so far are the ones I bought myself:
Lightning Dart 70" flying wing for .46 ic (yeh, right - Enya 60 and Genesis pusher pipe are going on the back) and a Lightworks Pops - a lightly updated Popsie supplied as a laser cut kit, looks fantastic value and quality for 35 notes.
The Dart was a 1/2 price stock clearance from Ashford Models, I couldn't resist it at the price.  I have to admit I'm probably ahead of Stephen Griggs in the xmas building stakes as I've got the servos in already!
Other stuff rattles like Maltezers, looks like Roses or Heros, slippers, shirt etc - run of the mill christmas fair.  as there's only me and the cat, no need to rush to open it with a fixed grin on me gob.
 One nice touch I know about is a jar of home made apple chutney off my Daughter - can't touch it yet as it needs to mature? marinade? age? - whatever, not for a few weeks on pain of a scolding.
Merry Christmas everybody, anyone got falling snow for the final White Christmas touch?

I did well this year - I must have been a very good boy - A new Tiggie kit (even if I did have to pick it up myself!), loads of aviation books including "Empire of the Skies" all about British aviation industry in the 50's (the age of the Vampire, the Dart, the Swallow the Comet and a little later, the prototype Lighting and Canberrra, V bombers etc.) Truely a "golden age" of British aviation history. Also got the complete series of  "Piece of Cake" on DVD - that's me quite tonight then!

BEB

All mine had a bit of a theme.....

I got the plans, build notes etc for the new 68" Vulcan plans by Graham Dorschell- powered by 4 EDFs.

I also got a 70mm EDF fan and motor (I think my better half missed the *4 on the list- although they would have taken us well over budget!!)

Funnily enough I got the same book as BEB- although mine is called "Empire of the Clouds".  I had asked for books on Vulcans, and this looks like a good general read of the wider topic.

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 25/12/2010 14:40:35:
Also got the complete series of  "Piece of Cake" on DVD - that's me quite tonight then!

BEB

Im impressed: is the plagiarism case over then?  Having read the book, Fighter Pilot by Paul Ritchie, I'd have had a hard time saying it was NOT plagiarism if I were the judge!

Posted by David perry 1 on 25/12/2010 23:42:01:
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 25/12/2010 14:40:35:
Also got the complete series of  "Piece of Cake" on DVD - that's me quite tonight then!

BEB

Im impressed: is the plagiarism case over then?  Having read the book, Fighter Pilot by Paul Ritchie, I'd have had a hard time saying it was NOT plagiarism if I were the judge!

The blurb says its based on a novel by Derek Robinson?

BEB

A subscription to RCME.

Not sure I will be able to access the memebers section, as the good lady of the house bless her, did it via iSubscribe. Will be talking to the team about that one!!!

12 Tower Pro SG-5010 servos from Giant Cod. Had to order them myself..

A four pack DVD set. Vulvan, Lancaster, Short Sunderland and Mosquito.

3 bottles of single malt, chocolates, slippers and all the usual stuff.

Drop me a PM with your full name and address Kevin and I'll find that for you. The subs number will be on the bag that your first copy arrives in too.

Chrissy prezzy wise Mrs A gave me 'The Pacific' box set - awesome, so that's my telly viewing taken care of for a while.
Actually had some socks for the first time in years too