Biggles' Mess

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

hi folks, where is every body, to busy building or just hiding in the woodworkwink or shavings. i am at present off sick recovering from small heart attack and having two stents fitted. i have six weeks off so i'm trying to fit four brushless motors to a cargo.refit a jupiter, and refit a mad ali and correx combat model i bought at north weald for £1. i do a bit every time i can get a spare hour or two. also have an extra slim twin needing engines and radio just begging to be sorted so plenty to keep me busy for months. COME ON YOU LOT SHOW YOUR SELVES

When I was a lad I was a keen cyclist. I used to cycle all over the South of England. 100 miles a day sometimes.

Near home there was a footpath which was a shortcut to our road, everybody used to cycle up it. At the top and bottom were a set of concrete posts which originally had steel bars across the top to stop cyclists, but they were long gone. Pedestrians could walk through a staggered gap.

One early evening I was cycling home, very carefully, it was dark and the thickest fog that you could imagine had come down, I could just about see the edge of the kerb reflected in the glow of my battery powered front light.enlightened

After a while I became aware of the sound of a car behind me, it very slowly caught up with me and then it stayed behind me for a long time obviously following my rear light. Then, I turned left and rode between the concrete posts...............................................................................................................!!!!!

Bang!

cheers BEB, i am getting there my blood pressure has gone down quite a bit and i feel a lot better. had some fun at our club meet last night. it was our annual auction and i was asked to be auctioneer its not as easy as i thought but was good fun with a lot of freindly banter. any body else do this for their club

phil

Pete the Moderator

I have listened to your link. Initially I had this feeling, I have heard this before.

I then though, hmmm, it is a little like "Back Door man" by the Mule Skinners. I then thought, perhaps they have borrowed from Charley Patton, Lightening Hopkins, Blind Willie Mc Tell. Then again even Led Zeppelin borrowed from Back Door Man.

Erfolg in Blues mode, bring on the Kaiser Strasse.

Terence, it was produced by Nexus, the publisher of RCM& E I have that plans handbook. It was Tyto by Kevin Saunders. Plan number RC 1780 Two ducted fans plus optional rocket power.

The plan is available at £17.50!

Edited By Chris P. Bacon on 21/03/2013 18:48:57

Edited By Chris P. Bacon on 21/03/2013 18:49:30

Edited By Chris P. Bacon on 21/03/2013 18:51:41

Terry,

I have the original mag with the write up on that model,he had quite a job with it to get it flying,

c/g problems,and as Chris says from rocket power to two d/f.

The only problem is the magazine is at our caravan and we'll not be going to the van until the sun shines.

As soon as we get the van open and if you are still interested i'll pop it in the post for you.

Jim

Chears folks, looking at the rear set wing it looks like a cross between an X=29 and a Klingon battle cruiser, I have never seen it come up on Ebay at any time so it must be a bit of a rare bird, I think £17.50 is a bit steep to say the least particularly as they were probably printed back in 1996 and costin g pennies !

As mentioned before, the TV Documentary 'The Nevada Triangle' is repeated tonight on More 4 at 2215 hrs.

Much better than it sounds, covers Steve Fossetts disappearance and the perils of flying through mountainous terrain. Recommended. ( Match of the day is not on anyway! )

Has anyone got any experience of Trade Training Courses. Such as OLCI, BTC and others. My Grandson,19yrs would like to enroll on either a Plumbing or Electrical course. I understand it means studying theory at home and going to a Work Base for practical training. The reason for this query is that on our initial enquiries we were quoted between £2500 to £3500. Because we did not respond we have been receiving e.mails, telephone calls and offer of 50% reduction in fees. All this makes me wonder if they are genuine ! Or do you know better??

• 2 weeks later...