PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Hey Tim,

Home now after a few days holiday following our Fly-In.

Was thinking about attendees for the evening event whilst driving home - can you please add 2 more for Dirk and his colleague who are travelling over from Belgium for our event - they will want to join us I'm sure. So 2 extra seats please.

Advert

Great pics Shona! - Crikey, I need to get those aileron pushrods concealed on the Spit blush

19 confirmed so far, so already past my original estimate of 12 - 15

I've spoken with the venue today, and will be calling in over the next couple of days to pay the deposit which will secure our booking

Looks like its shaping up to be good turnout, thanks for all those who have committed so far

I'll start a separate thread a bit closer to the time, for peeps to declare what food they would like - as a reminder, here's a link again to the menus, so you can get an early idea of whats likely to be on offer.

Please DONT post your choice here, I'll start a new thread, or this general thread will get clogged.

I can recommend the somewhat different style of Pizzas - a bit of a change to the norm in pizza world.

MENU ( this may change slightly before our meal but Ill keep you all informed )

Edited By Tim Mackey on 18/08/2016 22:51:44

Great shots Shona, also Phil - some fabulous shots of the A4 - excellent. Was going to put some of them in a slideshow for the LMMGA site, but can't because I think there are restrictions on viewing and saving - for the best of reasons of course, so don't know if there is a way round that.

Picasa has closed down and the new Google Photos are not shareable for the public so I am having a technical struggle in any event with it.

Peter, if you want to be "naughty" and pinch the odd pic, for the best of reasons you understand, you can just do a screen grab. Then open (paste) the screen grab in a photo processor (even MSPaint will do) and then crop and save the pic. Quality remains pretty good through the process. The screen grab function is different on various computers, often the Function key and the PrintScreen key are used together.

Some great pictures here chaps and chapesses, keep 'em comin!

OK Mark, you're added, which makes 21 confirmed so far.

Ive booked it for 8:15 pm, X 25 people and have paid the deposit..... so we're going!

I'll leave this thread running until the 5th September, and then there will be a new thread on which you simply put your name, and choice of food off the menu, best to give a second choice option of mains, and if possible, the preferred dessert if required.

Edited By Tim Mackey on 19/08/2016 22:01:08

BUMP

Just a nudge about the group meal arrangements earlier in this thread. Any more takers, please let me know here asap. Thanks

PS REMEMBER.... you are very welcome to come and join us on the big rock, and the meal after, even if you are not yet a flyer. PSSA are a very welcoming and relaxed bunch who welcome anyone who is interested in the sport.