Weather's getting a bit better, how much flying you getting in?

That is unlucky! I hope you get her fixed and back in the air as soon as possible. Do you think your DX8 was to blame? I have a DX6I running with a DSM2/DSMX receiver and that glitched on the landing approach (or Tip stalled, still not sure) and I haven't taken it back for the recall. I need it for Saturday but do you think i'll be running a risk? Gotta love Cocker Spaniels, they are so calculating. We are taking ours to Sandringham for a run, I wonder what mischief he will get up to, hmm........! I hope that your plane isn't to bad to fix, try to get the Cocker Spaniel to do it, LOL? Please keep us informed.

Tom

Advert

Other than one day with a bit rain we have had a good two weeks with nice to very warm calm weather. Calm and dry is good, from warm to hot is NOT, at our during the week site. The Clegs (horseflys) are numerous and greedy.

Last two Sundays have been good at our other site Half the tailplane departed my Flair Passion .61 powered funfly thing on Sunday past, just as it was lifting off. Quick shut down, aileron, rudder, lots up on the half elevator. Got a good outfield landing. Hey, that deserves another

Beautiful blue sky morning - calm - car packed with SWMBO, Coffee, croissants, WOT4, Rainbow and Elektro JuniorS. All a bit tight as my C15 van is still with the garage - has been for the last 2 weeks and they haven't even looked at the front brakes yet! About normal for here.

13k up onto the Causse (plateau) and - Hey! Where did this gusting wind come from!

Wot4 very nice first flight and a landing that brought applause from SWMBO! 2nd flight thought it would be a good idea to deploy the flaperons at height - great all worked well. So well I decided to try an approach and landing in that configuration. All well until over the end of the runway at about 10ft when a nice gust ballooned it up and instead of watching the flying speed and adding a bit of throttle to compensate for when the gust stopped I put in a little down elevator to fly over the approaching stall - too late and not enough! A quick plummet removed the u/c! - Sunday's repair job - estimate - 45 mins/1hr!

Flew the Elektro - not much in the way of thermic activity but had some fun whizzing about in a blue sky.

Ate croissants - drank coffee - watched the gusts get worse and left the Rainbow in the car and came home to watch qualifying session GP1!

Good start to the day!

TW

Nice aeroplane Ken, a few years ago lurking around the main hanger at Barkston there was a Catalina on jacks having some work carried out, later the same year it appeared at Leicester East air show. The one memorable fact is it was so quiet. A couple of years later I think it was badly damaged at a display on the south coast, apparently caused by taking on water in the hull which caused a catastrophic CG shift leading to a un-recoverable low level stall.

Cheers,

Chris.

Toms video is the best I've seen in a long time, it would be nice to try air to air with a couple of similar models such as the Parkzone T28. I already have one with a key fob camera, and a flying buddy has one as well. it would take some seriously good flying to formate on each other.

Cheers,

Chris.

Finally got to wring my addiction x out in low winds and what a piece of kit it is for a chump like me to be able to do knife edge passes at walking pace 5 foot off the deck it's so easy knife edge loops are very stable and rolling circuits so tight and slow, hovering only gets ragged when i interfere with her even my first real attempts at the knife edge spin
Were rewarded with something that looked right, she makes a ham fisted chump like me look like I can fly, sun burnt but wow what a day only thing missing was a cold beer

After a few weeks of inactivity, for various reasons, I have been flying on Sunday and Wednesday and Today.

The weather has been superb.

My flying has been of mixed results.

Passing a new model to another for test flying, as I preffer the subjective feed back from others, rather than my paniky, tense, evaluation. It crashed afer about 3m. My fault i think, not quite enough up, in the basic set up.

I launched my trusted 20 year old glider with a degree of nonchalance, only for it to crash to the ground after, yep, 3m. A relaunch with the energy of a javelin thrower, propelled the model a good 5m forward, about 2 m high. It to put its nose down and headed for the ground. This I could not understand, but investigation revealed the motor was running the wrong way. How, to this day I do not know? Reconnecting two wires had everything running fine, except, the prop, was not braked, and I had a very soft motor start. I reset the ESC with the programming card, to have the brake. Today I noticed that the soft start was a real nuisance when coming into land, I was short, so opened the throttle, only to see the nose drop more, before the motor ran up to speed. Anyway all fixed now, reset the program card to hard start.

The real joy was jut lolling about in my folding armchair, that the wife bought for the "Tom Jones in the Park Show", rather than my puny camping stool. The Sun shinning the birds singing. Watching other club members commit their +£1000 models into the sky, whilst the chatted about, gearboxes, Hacker motors, avionics. Me I make do quite happily with my £10 model and set up.Am I envious? A little, I am now starting covert a Hitchhiker, the best performing value for money machine about, you can keep your Pike Perfects, unless you are giving one away, your not are you

we are back to our normal climate today12/14c and for the past two hours we have had really heavy rain--- the local radio is warning of flooding...and worst of all the little lad(enrico) is away for the week end in his tin box...he's not very tall so anybody see's him floating by... pick him up and put him on a high bit of ground....thanks...

ken anderson ne..1         weather dept.. of the north east.

Edited By ken anderson. on 06/08/2011 14:05:49

Had some glorious calm evenings recently darn sarf, one memorable outing flying my mates ultra-light trad stick and tissue version of the Zaunkoenig 1930s motor glider, just wafting about in still air - magic! Then it got all windy again, and is staying that way at the mo, but did tackle 15mph plus with my Sky Surfer, which was good fun, and a few thermals about too. Starting to like the lekky gliding thing a lot, so will have to finally assemble the Easyglider I've had hanging about for a long while I think, before winter comes back....

• 2 weeks later...
had good 2 hours up the Orme on Saturday with AE and RS, even got our esteamed editor to have a go of a proper moulded glider, it was funny to see GAs face when Andy thrust the TX into grahams hands and then just chuck a glider into the air and walked off, leaving him to it !!!
had a good sunday morning getting many flights with my 30cc superstar, good fun, Andy flying a Multiplex dogfighter giggiling like a child!!

Back from Loch Leven splash-in. Tired now we are.

just a little bit breezy on Saturday although much flying took place. Today started flat calm with the water looking like a mirror although by flying time, enough wind to cause a decent ripple had arrived. A lot of flying took place, with not much "dead" airspace.

Thanks Guys and Gals.

Posted by Lee Smalley on 21/08/2011 22:08:47:
had good 2 hours up the Orme on Saturday with AE and RS, even got our esteamed editor to have a go of a proper moulded glider, it was funny to see GAs face when Andy thrust the TX into grahams hands and then just chuck a glider into the air and walked off, leaving him to it !!!
had a good sunday morning getting many flights with my 30cc superstar, good fun, Andy flying a Multiplex dogfighter giggiling like a child!!

Ha!

Piccies?

We had our club funday yesterday. Apart from the wind picking up a bit on the afternoon we couldn`t have asked for a better day. I took along my trainer as i wanted to practice some new manouvres. By the end of the day I had got to grips with stall, immelman (spelling?) and chandler turns.
We had a few competitions, which did result in some pilots competetiveness exceed their ability. But only one needed a plastic bag and they took it well and it didn`t spoil a marvelous funday.

• 2 weeks later...
Chucking it down, and windy. Went to see the new flying field though, after losing our last one ...................... nice.

Thanks Malcolm.

And thanks to Roy (probably) for mowing the grass.

And thanks to anyone that helped secure this nice site in such a lovely location.

Hopefully it'll stop raining soon

GG