High performanc model

Steve W-O

Advert

I was wondering with such a large wingspan if the covering would be up to the job in a heavy wind.They didn't have carbon in those days to take the stresses, thought I see the tips are removable.

I like the shape of the fuselage, just looks more elegant than some of the modern ones that look stick-like.

Doesn't look dated, considering how long they have been around.

Ah!
Now I realise what is being watched!

Not much point I don't think, after 34 years the airframe will be warped, and the covering will need more than a hot air gun to get it smooth again.

September 1977, I had only been flying for about 20 months then, doesn't seem so long ago!

Posted by Steve W-O on 13/06/2011 05:07:36:
Ah!
Now I realise what is being watched!

Not much point I don't think, after 34 years the airframe will be warped, and the covering will need more than a hot air gun to get it smooth again.

September 1977, I had only been flying for about 20 months then, doesn't seem so long ago!

LOL very good Steve

Isn't it sad that you can turn on the television at almost any time of the day and see sights and hear language that would have struggled to get an X rating at the cinema in 1977, set your Google filter to anything other than moderately safe and get instant visibility of things best left undescribed on this forum but the thought of a beautiful young lady displaying nothing more titillating than her natural charm while posing with a model aircraft would lead to calls for the head of any editor foolish enough to risk alienating a small proportion of a tiny minority buying sector of the magazine.

Why would it be so wrong to return to those innocent days?

Aren't women's magazines full of pictures of both lovely female models and wll toned chaps?

Would the small female readership really find such pictures offensive or are we just told that they do?

...or am I just an un-reconstucted sexist dinosaur for thinking this way?

In some cases there is reason for upset, but I think in most cases it is a case misguided/brain washed ideas, not meant in any personal way, but in similar light to the current H&S situation.

If you look on youtube for Cebu Pacific dancing air hostess, you will see a refreshing way of giving the safety talk on flights. "Women's rights" groups condemned it, but they didn't bother to get the opinion of the participants. They judged another culture by applying their own irrelevant standards.

(look for Cebu dancing prisoners as well)

If the purpose of whatever it is was not intended to degrade anyone, and the people taking part are happy to do so, surely it is part of enjoying life and being happy?

Very little of that around in the west these days.

My wife thinks that the model holding the model has "fat" upper legs, have to agree on looking. Although she has a better figure, I don't think my wife will hold my planes for photos or should that be

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Terence Lynock on 23/06/2011 00:03:31:
Now if my calculations are correct, 1977 + age of model 22/24 = born around 1953/55 = approaching the Zimmer frame zone, varicose veins, grey hair, plastic teeth, boobus droopus, I think I will pass on that one..............

As a New Elizabethan, born in 1953, you speak for yourself, Terry! A bit salt-and-pepper, maybe, but none of the others - yet!!!!!

Pete

Posted by Terence Lynock on 23/06/2011 00:03:31:
Now if my calculations are correct, 1977 + age of model 22/24 = born around 1953/55 = approaching the Zimmer frame zone, varicose veins, grey hair, plastic teeth, boobus droopus, I think I will pass on that one..............

That is what I was thinking when I said:-

"Not much point I don't think, after 34 years the airframe will be warped, and the covering will need more than a hot air gun to get it smooth again."

• 1 month later...